• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

If CP3 sells his soul to a bunch of Massholes I'll officially quit the NBA. Gross.

"worthless" is a bit of a stretch for a team that's made at least the conference semis each of the past four years.

It was a strong exaggeration, you're right, but the big 3 and Jermaine O'Neal are basically untradable. If Boston can't trade Rondo, they are going to have to wait until the Big 3 retire to make serious roster moves. I don't know what else could happen inorder for Boston to dump those salaries.

"worthless" is a bit of a stretch for a team that's made at least the conference semis each of the past four years.

I doubt the C's will bag CP, but I guarantee Danny will not stand still between now and this time next year. We'll be in the mix for someone big, for better or for worse.

The team is on a steep decline

Great job Danny Ainge! You've managed to both a) not get Chris Paul and b) guarantee that Rondo will be sulking around the whole year.

Well done.

I know the new CBA is different, but after this season the celts get KG and Ray Allen off the cap, so they could easily build a contender around CP3, Pierce, and some free agent. I know there isn't a lot of hype around it now but I think Boston could be a possible D-ho destination.

That's been on the radar for awhile. Gotta think Danny will be pushing that with CP if he continues pursuit.

CP to Boston has been on the radar for over a year.....the C's have a plan in mind lets just see if they execute.
GO CELTICS!!

There still isnt a hard cap. D-Ho and CP3 to the Knicks. Knicks will sell out MSG for the season, quadruple their TV money and make the penalty $$ back in a year.

Ha, right. Even if that were possible, the Knicks' front office is too incompetent to pull it off.

Steep decline? If Rondo doesn't fuck up his arm OR Danny doesn't deal Perk the C's would have made the Finals at the very least last year.

No way. You're a crazy homer if you believe that.

Yeah. I'm a Celtics fan. That's crazy talk. The Heat had us beat the whole way last year. (As much as I hate to admit it.)

You can admit all you want, but we lost one of those games in OT and we we had a big lead in the fourth quarter in another. With Rondo playing one-armed. Without a post presence.

The Knicks has a real problem. They have at elast four players under cotnract- Amar'e, Melo, Balkman and Schumpert. This group take up about $43M of the $58M cap.

I doubt they pick up the option on Toney Douglas but they will be tempted to trade him for someone in a sign and trade.

They have nothnig to trade and have to get rid of their entire roster to have a hope to sign CP3 for a contract lower than many other teams can offer.

Celtics fans are some of the worst in all sports.

Check that, actually. Boston fans are the worst. Celtics fans just happen to fall under that umbrella.

The Heat won the series 4-1.... with wins by 9, 11, 8, and 10 points. The Celts are dunzo, CP doesn't wanna go there, Kevin Garnett is busy mentoring Suh on classiness, and rumor is that Rondo wears a diaper when he plays. Sorry bdz...

Haha, I'm just psyched when all you pussies are going to have to cheer for the Celtics when CP's wearing green.

Back