• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I’m typically on 6-10 American planes a month, have you been finding better flights? Maybe they have an aging fleet going in and out of Austin.

Read diggler’s post sarcastically. Or ask ITC; he got it the first time.

Delta makes a guys sit in dogshit and he still comes off sounding like a jerk.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/06/delta-passenger-claims-he-had-to-sit-in-dog-poop-during-flight/

181106-delta-airlines-dog-poop-feature-image.jpg

“It got all over my bare ankles,” he said. “They didn’t give me gloves. I had to take my pants off because it’s on the back of my pants, so feces, at this point, is transferring to my hands, with no kind of sanitizing solution to be able to clean anything with — and only one tiny bottle of gin.”

When he left the lavatory, to his dismay, passengers continued boarding the poop-covered aircraft, he said.

When Meehan asked the flight crew for an explanation, he said they told him that cleaning the mess wasn’t their responsibility and that they were busy getting ready for departure.

“If you want, you can get off the plane and talk to somebody,” he said he was told.

Delta also said a cleaning crew used a disinfectant to clean the soiled floor and seats – and offered to reimburse Meehan for his shoes and suit, in addition to a ticket refund and 50,000 miles in compensation.

“That’s what I’m worth to them? Fifty-thousand miles? After putting my health at risk along with everyone else on the plane?” he said.

“I’m a Diamond Medallion and a million-miler,” Meehan added. “If this is how they treat their top tier, I can’t even imagine how they treat people who aren’t part of the SkyMiles program.”

Being able to watch a TV for an entire 5 hour flight makes the whole flight fairly enjoyable, especially if your options are going to contain Avengers: Infinity war, Mission Impossible: Fallout and Killing Eve. If this new super scanner can eliminate the fear of being stuck in an hour long TSA line, flying will have been solved.

Being able to watch a TV for an entire 5 hour flight makes the whole flight fairly enjoyable, especially if your options are going to contain Avengers: Infinity war, Mission Impossible: Fallout and Killing Eve. If this new super scanner can eliminate the fear of being stuck in an hour long TSA line, flying will have been solved.

Once you get the internet subscription on the flights it gets even better. Flying is not that bad, i would rather be on the plane sometimes than in the airport.

I'm not understanding why airlines aren't just putting TVs in all planes, would make experience better for everyone. No one really wants to watch movies and shit from their phone. I know costs and all is the answer, but still. I took a flight from NYC to Chicago this morning, would have been much better with a TV - the other issue is being able to sit back in the chair and watch instead of crouch over the phone making me a hunchback all day.

I'm not understanding why airlines aren't just putting TVs in all planes, would make experience better for everyone. No one really wants to watch movies and shit from their phone. I know costs and all is the answer, but still. I took a flight from NYC to Chicago this morning, would have been much better with a TV - the other issue is being able to sit back in the chair and watch instead of crouch over the phone making me a hunchback all day.

I use an iPad. I get to watch what I want and can start the second I sit down.

I use an iPad. I get to watch what I want and can start the second I sit down.

Meh, that's a good idea - it takes more forethought, I have no use for an iPad in everyday life so i dont have one with it's own service or one new enough to matter. I want convenience on something I paid hundreds of dollars for. I am a procrastinator too, so thinking about in flight entertainment before 10 seconds after I sit on the plane rarely happens for me.

my stance that this guy, on a societal level, deserved it still stands

Agreed. The "service dog" thing is completely out of control and needs to be cracked down on, but if it was going to happen to anyone this guy seems like the right pick.

Meh, that's a good idea - it takes more forethought, I have no use for an iPad in everyday life so i dont have one with it's own service or one new enough to matter. I want convenience on something I paid hundreds of dollars for. I am a procrastinator too, so thinking about in flight entertainment before 10 seconds after I sit on the plane rarely happens for me.

This doesn't help with the advanced planning, but we got a couple of Kindle Fires recently, and mostly use them for flying (either for us or the kids). Much cheaper than an iPad, especially if you're not going to use it robustly. But basically I just download some Netflix stuff in advance and watch it in airplane mode on the flight.

The simple pleasure of being surprised what's available on demand is lost, however. I'd have never paid $20 for killing eve prior to the flight, but after it was free I gladly paid $20 to finish the series a day later. Same with Avengers, or MI. Are those movies free somewhere now?

What advanced planning is needed? Just download the airline apps and stuff them into a folder. Especially if you fly frequently.

Back