• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Couple of questions for Mr. Petter:

Q) Did you ever in your wildest dreams imagine that your modest thread would make it to 10+ pages?

No I didn't. Especially since I was busy and din't have time to post on it while I was on my tirp for a ocuple of days.

Q) What do you attribute to the Pit's obsession with weight?

Everybody is obsessed with weight, not just me, not just The Pit. Even fat people are obsessed with it. They're either dieting and trying to lose weight or telling you how their weight isn't really a problem through some strange rationalization.

Q) Are you a member of the "mile high" club?

Yes, I have had sex in Denver.

Q) Have you ever flown first/business class?

Yes, I definitely go for it on overseas flights. I occasionally get an upgrade, but I'm not a bigtime business traveler.

Q) Have you ever gotten inebriated on a flight?

Yeah, but most of my flights are less than 2.5 hours, so it's kind of hard if I'm starting off sober and the drink cart doesn't come by in coach for 30-40 minutes. More likely to get blitzed before I get on the plane.

Q) Why do you think PhDeac is so obsessed with mousy white brunettes?

Because mousey brunettes are hot. I like women of all hair colors.

Q) Where do you see yourself in five years?

20,000+ posts

Last edited:
Q) Did you ever in your wildest dreams imagine that your modest thread would make it to 10+ pages?

No I didn't. Especially since I was busy and din't have time to post on it while I was on my tirp for a ocuple of days.

Q) What do you attribute to the Pit's obsession with weight?

Everybody is obsessed with weight, not just me, not just The Pit. Even fat people are obsessed with it. They're either dieting and trying to lose weight or telling you how their weight isn't really a problem through some strange rationalization.

Q) Are you a member of the "mile high" club?

Yes, I have had sex in Denver.

Q) Have you ever flown first/business class?

Yes, I definitely go for it on overseas flights. I occasionally get an upgrade, but I'm not a bigtime business traveler.

Q) Have you ever gotten inebriated on a flight?

Yeah, but most of my flights are less than 2.5 hours, so it's kind of hard if I'm starting off sober and the drink cart doesn't come by in coach for 30-40 minutes. More likely to get blitzed before I get on the plane.

Q) Why do you think PhDeac is so obsessed with mousy white brunettes?

Because mousey brunettes are hot. I like women of all hair colors.

Q) Where do you see yourself in five years?

20,000+ posts

Thank you Mr. Petter for taking time out of your hectic schedule to respond to my questions. A longtime listener has emailed in one follow up two part question that I would like for you to consider.

Q) doofus or numbers: Whom would you guess is the better lover and why?

Thank you Mr. Petter for taking time out of your hectic schedule to respond to my questions. A longtime listener has emailed in one follow up two part question that I would like for you to consider.

Q) doofus or numbers: Whom would you guess is the better lover and why?

You should check with YOUR MOM!

Alright, ended up having someone next to me on the first flight. Nice guy, perfectly suited to be the 'middle seat' guy. He did stake early claim to the armrest, but that's cool. I do too, when I'm middle seat.
Overall a decent leg, other than not getting hardly enough sleep.

im a generally pretty laid back flier but one of my big pet peeves is when i get stuck in the middle seat and the people on either side take over the arm rest immediately. i'm sorry i'm stuck in the middle...THE ARM REST ARE MINE

Nothing worse then a fatty next to you:
enhancedbuzz11711323283.jpg

On Southwest, you can choose your own seat given your place in line. We boarded in the A group and she sat down after we already boarded.

FAA regulations state that a child under 2 must be on a parent's lap or in a car seat in a window seat. My 15 month old was in a car seat in a window seat. We couldn't move him anywhere else. Putting a car seat in an airplane is a pain and a half. Obviously, it would have been ridiculous to move a 15 month old and a car seat in the middle of a flight and that would have bothered many more people.

By the way, she was a complete bitch and personally insulted my son saying, "I'd hate to see what he's like when he's older".

Being 15 months definitely changes things. Was thinking your son had to be 5-6 years old if he could kick the back of someone's seat with his seat belt on. Figured there was probably more to the story than the initial post indicated.

Never gotten mad at a baby crying on a plane or the baby's parents. I did ask a Dad to get his son to stop kicking the back of my wife's seat on a 4 hour flight a couple of years ago. Definitely waited awhile and was polite about it, so it was no problem. Kid was probably 5.

Oh, and I am just bitter because I should be 1 hour into a first class nonstop flight to Turks & Caicos right now, but my wife broke her foot earlier this week, so we spent the morning at OrthoCarolina instead. First World problems.

No but he mentioned it was a while back and has mentioned the age of his son on about 2348923749286492836 other threads. No need to respond with such a douchey tone.

Wait PH is married AND has a kid?

Not surprising Green and other posters don't know his son's age.

The thing that annoys me the most on a plane is someone pulling down on the back of my seat to help them stand up. WTF? Use your own seat to stand up! I was sleeping, dickwad!

Being 15 months definitely changes things. Was thinking your son had to be 5-6 years old if he could kick the back of someone's seat with his seat belt on. Figured there was probably more to the story than the initial post indicated.

Never gotten mad at a baby crying on a plane or the baby's parents. I did ask a Dad to get his son to stop kicking the back of my wife's seat on a 4 hour flight a couple of years ago. Definitely waited awhile and was polite about it, so it was no problem. Kid was probably 5.

Oh, and I am just bitter because I should be 1 hour into a first class nonstop flight to Turks & Caicos right now, but my wife broke her foot earlier this week, so we spent the morning at OrthoCarolina instead. First World problems.

So you're coming to the Christmas party?

The thing that annoys me the most on a plane is someone pulling down on the back of my seat to help them stand up. WTF? Use your own seat to stand up! I was sleeping, dickwad!

Seriously. That is obnoxious as fuck whether I'm sleeping or not. And it's usually some fatass who does it because they have no chance of leveraging all that belly fat upwards without a little help.

Some people just like to get angry and be assholes and planes are the perfect place for them to act out because everyone is already cranky after paying to check a bag and being groped by security.

Exactly. There was a brief period of time after the Jason Capel lookalike shoe bomber that passengers had to check basically everything unless you were making a day trip. Security lines were short because so few bags had to be scanned and no liquids had to be examined. People didn't crowd the gates at boarding in hopes of claiming the overhead space. The flight attendants didn't have to start checking bags 2/3 of the way through the boarding process because all of the overhead bins were full. People weren't trying to cram their oversize rollerboard to avoid paying the minimum $25. It sucks but passengers are definitely a lot more on edge and dickish now.

That is annoying yodeacs. People also feel compelled to do that shit when they are boarding or going to the bathroom.

That reminds me of my flight home on Tuesday. I got to the airport just in time to take an earlier flight, so when I got there the gate attendants were announcing that the overhead bins were full and that all roll-aboards were to be checked. Some whore from Zone 5 was freaking out because she wouldn't have access to her shit for two hours. She was arguing with the attendants that she couldn't possibly check her bag and that they would have to rearrange things so she could have it on board. They told her to stick it. She wound up checking the bag and carrying on her laptop, a couple of magazines, and a sweater. Now how pissed would you be if this idiot was sitting next to you immediately after take off (or even before) you had to deal with this idiot unpacking half of her roll aboard to keep herself entertained.

Luckily, I didn't bring a laptop on this trip and had eveything in a nylon shoulder bag which I crammed into the overhead. I shoved some pilot's blue blazer into the corner to make room. What makes him think it's going to be cool to just lay down a blazer in an overhead bin on a full flight? Hasn't he been on an airplane before?

Oh God I hate that. I was flying home at Thanksgiving and I had an aisle seat. Someone was sitting in my seat and I kindly asked them to move "but I'd rather have an aisle seat!" Tough shit, you had the option to pick when you checked in. If you were too late and this was all they had, it's your own fault.

That blows...

Oh God I hate that. I was flying home at Thanksgiving and I had an aisle seat. Someone was sitting in my seat and I kindly asked them to move "but I'd rather have an aisle seat!" Tough shit, you had the option to pick when you checked in. If you were too late and this was all they had, it's your own fault.

Yeah, I'd rather have an aisle seat too. That's why I chose this one and reserved it.

I prefer the aisle seat, but I hate the stewardesses who, rather than let you know they are about to bring the cart by, just ram your knee that is sticking 1-2 inches into the aisle as you make yourself comfortable.

yeah that does suck. I sometimes do window on shorter flights, but on longer ones I like to be able to control whenever I can get up.

Back