• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Lots of babies, loud olds, a dog, and a Santa on this flight. Satan help me. O Dark Lord deliver me.

Really glad to be flying Mon-Sat this week and without a connection. Should make the process much simpler and stress-free.

Video is high comedy. Enormous woman wants to know who she can report someone to who is complaing that she's being smushed.

I hate the middle seat no matter what. The middle seat between a 5'8" 375-pound guy and a 275-pound woman is an impossible situation. And those people giving the woman a hard time should offer to trade seats with her if they think she's acting inappropriately.

The gal in the middle is no Twiggy either and handles the situation like a total cunt. Oh let me get on the phone and complain loudly to my friend about the fatties smooshing me. She handled the situation poorly. That having been said, the fat dude is a good argument for charging one individual for two seats.

The gal in the middle is no Twiggy either and handles the situation like a total cunt. Oh let me get on the phone and complain loudly to my friend about the fatties smooshing me. She handled the situation poorly. That having been said, the fat dude is a good argument for charging one individual for two seats.

Agree with all of this, but she's not so big she doesn't fit in a seat.

I actually have taken to choosing the middle seat in the exit row over aisles on Southwest flights because they keep shrinking the space between rows of seats

worth the extra leg room in exchange for armrest sharing

a real humblebrag would be "only one in my row in first class from paris."

i had the seat open next to me in the exit row from miami last night. #blessed

side note: it's amazing how much less annoyed i am with coach when I get free drinks. Main Cabin Extra FTW.

a real humblebrag would be "only one in my row in first class from paris."

Yep, just regular coach. I did purchase the extra legroom economy in the KLM flight over from the US. Air France has a real premium economy cabin, which is within our company travel policy, but since my wife was on the same flight back we didn’t want to pay the price difference, especially since it was a day flight and trying to sleep isn’t crucial.

I had the middle seat recently with my son in the window seat and a MASSIVE dude in the aisle seat. No way in the world he should have been allowed to buy one seat. 400 lbs plus all day long. I was smushed beyond compare. Anyway, I didn't know what to do so I went up to the front to speak to the flight attendant. I didn't want to hurt the big dude's feelings so I said loud enough to my son "I used to live next door to that flight attendant up there, be right back I'm gonna go speak to her". I just didn't want the dude to know I was going up there to talk about him.

So I did that and the flight attendants said yeah there's no way that guy should be in that seat and a supervisor came aboard the flight and said sir sorry about that I will go pull him off the plane since the plane is full and we can't move him or you. That was all I was looking for - to be able to move. So I told them I just couldn't do that to the guy. SO I was stuck and sat there the whole flight. It was awful.

Ehen the flight ends and its time to get off the plane, the guy says go ahead that he's going to stay there because his wife and daughter are sitting several rows behind us. I couldn't believe it. SO I watch and his wife and 5 year old daughter come up and they get off the plane. I even see them at baggage claim. the daughter was in the middle seat and weighed about 50 lbs.

The dude could have asked me and my son if we wanted to switch with his wife and daughter, or switched with the person sitting in the back next to them. Either way, I wouldn't have been contorted for 3 hours. I was so pissed and mad at myself - once again - for being too damn nice.

Last edited:
I don't hate on fat folks. And I'm not skinny or anything myself. But it's bullshit if you're 400lbs to get one seat. You're being a totally irresponsible jerk.

I don't hate on fat folks. And I'm not skinny or anything myself. But it's bullshit if you're 400lbs to get one seat. You're being a totally irresponsible jerk.

This dude had the easiest and fairest solution in the world. And didn't do it.

....and that too.. Subject your own family to your hugeness, not some random stranger- for three hours in a tube 40k feet above the ground. Uggh

Yeah, it seems that the two enormous people that the rude lady was trapped between are married to each other and knew that they couldn't possibly sit next to each other.

Back