• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Probably worth it to switch from the Sapphire Reserve since we fly a good amount, eh?

That's what this is.

IDK man, looks like anybody with a AMEX Platinum card can get into the club. The crowding problem with traditional clubs is due to the credit card access as it is now. Not sure how this club changes anything besides maybe adding additional supply.

The airlines should just require you to use points or cash to access the clubs. Problem solved.

IDK man, looks like anybody with a AMEX Platinum card can get into the club. The crowding problem with traditional clubs is due to the credit card access as it is now. Not sure how this club changes anything besides maybe adding additional supply.

The airlines should just require you to use points or cash to access the clubs. Problem solved.

or only based on points/seat purchase

just live in a city where you don't have to make connections on domestic flights is what I'd do

I mean if you travel for work you are going to want club access regardless of connections.

In Austin I can get a direct flight about 75% of the time.

just live in a city where you don't have to make connections on domestic flights is what I'd do

You realize shitloads of passengers moving through major airports are connections though, right ? Also, it's sometimes more convenient for passengers flying out to go straight to the airport well before their flight and work, especially if they're flying standby and trying to get on an earlier flight.

Delta just eliminated Sky Club access for Gold Card holders.

What % of travelers have an AMEX with a $550 annual fee? Seems like that would be a lower number than randoms just wanting to pay $50-75 for access that day because they have a 3 hour layover or a flight got cancelled.

That Charlotte lounge looks like a garage sale of 60s/70s furniture.

You realize shitloads of passengers moving through major airports are connections though, right ? Also, it's sometimes more convenient for passengers flying out to go straight to the airport well before their flight and work, especially if they're flying standby and trying to get on an earlier flight.

sure, but not me

I'm just rolling up to the gate 10 minutes before boarding

10 min before doors close you mean; jumping to the front of the line in the preferred line even though they’re on group 7

What % of travelers have an AMEX with a $550 annual fee? Seems like that would be a lower number than randoms just wanting to pay $50-75 for access that day because they have a 3 hour layover or a flight got cancelled.
Low percentage but when you consider how many people are in the airport I’d think a good number of mouth breathers clogging up the clubs.

Also just a side note, AMEX Platinum cards are 100% worth it in my opinion.

Low percentage but when you consider how many people are in the airport I’d think a good number of mouth breathers clogging up the clubs.

Also just a side note, AMEX Platinum cards are 100% worth it in my opinion.

What perks justify it? Been mulling this over

Back