• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Just renewed my global entry. Easy easy.

Did my interview last time in Philadelphia because Austin was booked through for like a year. They were awful to me.

I've legit been trying to get a global entry interview in Charlotte for almost 2 years with no luck. And the one time we traveled internationally we got back at 8 PM, and they closed the interviews at 7. Now I just realized I could have fairly easily scheduled an appt in SLC any of the 7 times I've been there recently. I feel like an idiot.

Flying back from Boston this morning, they were overbooked and needed 1 volunteer. My wife and I had gotten upgraded, but had also put in our volunteer "bid" to take the next flight at $550. Gate agent says thanks, we'll put you on the flight that leaves 2 hours later, and you each will get the $550. We were pumped. But then it turns out someone didn't show, so they only needed one volunteer and we just said screw it. Looking back, one of us should have still Fdone it and we could have each worked from BOS/CLT and then just drove back from CLT together 2 hours later. Feel less like an idiot, but still dumb.

I did my interview in CLT a few years ago. Wife and I scheduled them one after the other. Only question they asked was do I have any questions. Then they scanned my fingerprints and I was done. Mine expires on my bday next year but you are eligible to renew starting at a year out. Since I’ve moved since the time of my first application do I need to interview again?

I did my interview in CLT a few years ago. Wife and I scheduled them one after the other. Only question they asked was do I have any questions. Then they scanned my fingerprints and I was done. Mine expires on my bday next year but you are eligible to renew starting at a year out. Since I’ve moved since the time of my first application do I need to interview again?

No, you just provide your new address.

Also:

Due to a significant increase in application volume, we are extending the grace period from 18 months to 24 months for any submitted renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 24 months while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application.

Just flew Delta back from Boston to RDU. These assholes announced halfway through boarding that they would be checking the remainder of “large” suitcases on a flight that was clearly not full based on the crowd at the gate. That apparently included my Away Carry-On, a suitcase specifically designed for the purpose of being, you know, carried on. I counted 4-5 completely empty overhead bins after they closed the doors. POS airline.

Just flew Delta back from Boston to RDU. These assholes announced halfway through boarding that they would be checking the remainder of “large” suitcases on a flight that was clearly not full based on the crowd at the gate. That apparently included my Away Carry-On, a suitcase specifically designed for the purpose of being, you know, carried on. I counted 4-5 completely empty overhead bins after they closed the doors. POS airline.

Weird. My experience with Delta has been light years better than American since the pandemic started. From the no middle seats, easier change options, less overcrowded flights, easier/better upgrades, etc, etc., I'd fly Delta every time if they had more than like 5 direct flights from CLT.

I am not saying that Delta is not POS airline. But that POS airline is MILES better than American and Delta.

Weird. My experience with Delta has been light years better than American since the pandemic started. From the no middle seats, easier change options, less overcrowded flights, easier/better upgrades, etc, etc., I'd fly Delta every time if they had more than like 5 direct flights from CLT.

It was very strange and I was just annoyed as fuck after a long day at having to wait 20 more minutes at RDU for my bag before grabbing an Uber home. JetBlue is usually my preferred option especially going to the Northeast but they have cut way back on flight options at the moment. I think a lot of the traffic was business related during more normal times.

When I fly home into ATL I almost always check my bag because it’s there waiting by the time I get to the baggage claim.

Also, anecdotally, I was shocked that there were zero people in regular security in Logan's B terminal at 8 AM on a Monday morning. Took 90 seconds to get through security. On Friday morning, CLT had a 30 min security line of about 300 people (at all open checkpoints). Used to really like the CLT airport. It's gotten much worse since the pandemic began. Seems like staffing is a real problem.

Also, anecdotally, I was shocked that there were zero people in regular security in Logan's B terminal at 8 AM on a Monday morning. Took 90 seconds to get through security. On Friday morning, CLT had a 30 min security line of about 300 people (at all open checkpoints). Used to really like the CLT airport. It's gotten much worse since the pandemic began. Seems like staffing is a real problem.

CLT airport is a clusterfuck right now.

There is no reason these flight attendants couldn't have called a social worker instead of violating this man's rights by duct taping him to his seat. Flight attendants suspended.

I was the only person in security in Terminal A at 7:45 last night. It was very odd, I almost felt like I was in the wrong place.

CLT is very weird right now. You may have no wait or an hour. and god forbid you show up hungry.

I had a long line for PreCheck last Friday morning but got through in 10-15 minutes. Dude was quick. Got to the concourse at 6:40 AM and hadn't eaten or had coffee and there was a line for Starbucks with the promise of opening at 7:30. Bojangles was open with a long line and the bagel place was open. Shitshow all around.

Flying back out of LaGuardia on Monday, the PreCheck line was short but the guy checking credentials was slow as fuck and the scanner personnel were acting like assholes. Took forever. New terminal was nice though.

It is bizarre to me that multiple Starbucks locations at CLT are closed "due to the pandemic" at this point. Pretty sure it's just a labor shortage. They're missing out on many thousands of dollars a day in sales.

anybody else feel like they're understaffing pre-check lines to entice people to pay for clear?

Back