• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

FTIqZu0VsAEXkmZ

A lady had a heart attack in the air on my flight from Pittsburg to Dallas yesterday. That was intense.

Also Pittsburg kinda sucks, and by kinda I mean it sucks.

i'm sorry that can't be accurate as i have been told that there are multiple rivers there

A lady had a heart attack in the air on my flight from Pittsburg to Dallas yesterday. That was intense.

Also Pittsburg kinda sucks, and by kinda I mean it sucks.

What did they do?

A guy like 3 rows up from us had one last year over Kansas from SLC --> CLT. We started descending really fast to make an emergency landing at Wichita, but they pumped him full of oxygen and a doctor and two nurses on board got him stable. This guy was a double amputee veteran, and was apparently a couple days late for his dialysis appointment - renal failure induced heart attack. Made me quite sad. You apparently have to be very, very close to death for them to land a commercial plane.

Years ago I was on a flight from Dulles to Madrid and about 2 hours after takeoff I could feel us start to descend and then a few minutes later they got on the intercom to ask for a doctor to help someone having chest pain. we landed at JFK and EMS came on board to take the guy off. he said he was feeling fine and tried to refuse their help, saying he was ready to head to Spain. he was legit arguing with them and the whole plane was like fuck off, man, you caused this diversion, you get off.

they finally got him off and he stood outside next to the ambulance arguing for like 20 minutes before they finally got him in. then about 2 hours before landing I woke up and was going to go to the bathroom but I noticed the same doctor on the floor like 3 rows behind me bracing a woman having a seizure. fun flight for him, hope they threw a bunch of miles at him.

I had upgraded for a flight to First Class for my trip home from DC yesterday. Had to change flights because the trial ran long.

Ended up paying $75 to lose my First Class upgrade and ended up in a window seat sandwiched between the wall and 2 300 pound women.

Years ago I was on a flight from Dulles to Madrid and about 2 hours after takeoff I could feel us start to descend and then a few minutes later they got on the intercom to ask for a doctor to help someone having chest pain. we landed at JFK and EMS came on board to take the guy off. he said he was feeling fine and tried to refuse their help, saying he was ready to head to Spain. he was legit arguing with them and the whole plane was like fuck off, man, you caused this diversion, you get off.

they finally got him off and he stood outside next to the ambulance arguing for like 20 minutes before they finally got him in. then about 2 hours before landing I woke up and was going to go to the bathroom but I noticed the same doctor on the floor like 3 rows behind me bracing a woman having a seizure. fun flight for him, hope they threw a bunch of miles at him.

I've heard they get seriously hooked up, depending on the airline. Tons of miles, immediate highest status, etc. Good on them.

I've heard they get seriously hooked up, depending on the airline. Tons of miles, immediate highest status, etc. Good on them.

this was Aer Lingus, who weirdly had a nonstop IAD-MAD flight for a few years, so who knows what he ended up getting, but yeah hopefully they at least upgraded him for the flight home.

What did they do?

A guy like 3 rows up from us had one last year over Kansas from SLC --> CLT. We started descending really fast to make an emergency landing at Wichita, but they pumped him full of oxygen and a doctor and two nurses on board got him stable. This guy was a double amputee veteran, and was apparently a couple days late for his dialysis appointment - renal failure induced heart attack. Made me quite sad. You apparently have to be very, very close to death for them to land a commercial plane.

They called some doctors doctors and nurses back, but it was hard to tell what they were actually doing all the way back. Paramedics came on board and gave her oxygen and wheeled her off the plane first. She seemed ok but was talking about her chest and her arm as they were pushing her past.

Got an upgrade on my first flight in months. CLT is HOPPING this morning.

AA suspending all flights to and from Toledo, Dubuque, Ithaca and Islip due to shortage of pilots for their regional planes. This really screws up my travel plans for The Hamptons as I'll have to fly private now.

I went to NYC for the weekend and our Sunday return flight on AA was cancelled 30 mins before boarding. Then I was notified that we were rebooked for 7am the next day. Luckily there was a flight 4 hours later to Greensboro so we did that and got a car service to Raleigh, but it was a giant pain in the ass.

Buttigeig recently met with the CEOs of the major airlines and told them that they need to stop canceling flights and improve customer service or there will be fines coming.

I don’t think there’s much the federal government can do to stop airlines from being shitty aside from establishing a government run airline that’s basically USPS for people that operates at a loss and offers good jobs and competitive prices.

seems like it'll just give the airlines an excuse to jack prices. "the government's forcing us!"

I don’t think there’s much the federal government can do to stop airlines from being shitty aside from establishing a government run airline that’s basically USPS for people that operates at a loss and offers good jobs and competitive prices.

Great idea. Amtrak of the skies.

The FAA can fine airlines for a bunch of different infractions, from tarmac delays to delayed processing of refunds.

Back