• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Key To This Issue: Level of Parental Awareness v. Hotness

Are the parents frustrated or oblivious? If they are attempting to handle it or acknowledge it, kudos. If they are oblivious and raising a spoiled brat then they should all be killed.

Is the mom hot, ugly, or fat? A hot chick that is frustrated/acknowleding the situation gets a free pass, and you should feel worse for her than the people around her. An oblivious hot chick with a spoiled brat should probably be killed, but she gets more leeway than...ugly/fat oblivious people with spoiled brats. This is the worst possible scenario. They are probably already stinking up the plane with the mcdonalds bags they lug on to eat while the little shithead makes a scene. This should be punishable by death, and stewards should have unlimited jurisdiciton to prevent this type from boarding.

Key To This Issue: Level of Parental Awareness v. Hotness

Are the parents frustrated or oblivious? If they are attempting to handle it or acknowledge it, kudos. If they are oblivious and raising a spoiled brat then they should all be killed.

honestly, this is the key for me. if the parent appears concerned over the fact that their kid is bothering the whole plane, then i'm very understanding. if they have this attitude of "the rest of the plane can suck it up for 2 hours" then i'm going to be pretty annoyed. i love kids, spend a lot of time with them, and understand that you can't control them 100% of the time. but at least act like you're aware that you're bothering other people. apologize for the way the kid is acting.

I'd much rather have an upset kid behind me than a fat guy next to me.

QFT - I would rather have two kids on either side of me and one behind me, at least I would get an armrest and wouldnt have to play footsy and legsy with some boombalatty

yodeacsgo, any suggestions for how Toogs and District could effectively prank a parent and child on a plane? All they have is what is in their carry on and assume a 2 hour flight with standard restrictions on electronic devices. I don't want them to feel like they've gotten nothing out of this thread.

honestly, this is the key for me. if the parent appears concerned over the fact that their kid is bothering the whole plane, then i'm very understanding. if they have this attitude of "the rest of the plane can suck it up for 2 hours" then i'm going to be pretty annoyed. i love kids, spend a lot of time with them, and understand that you can't control them 100% of the time. but at least act like you're aware that you're bothering other people. apologize for the way the kid is acting.

what about hotness of the dad or overall couple aesthetic? any points there?

yodeacsgo, any suggestions for how Toogs and District could effectively prank a parent and child on a plane? All they have is what is in their carry on and assume a 2 hour flight with standard restrictions on electronic devices. I don't want them to feel like they've gotten nothing out of this thread.

Slip them both a Benadryl.

Best I can think of right off hand is fart spray. That will clear out the seats behind you. You have to practice with it before hand and build up a tolerance to the smell of pure ass.

I can't stand people who think the world should make exceptions for people with kids. They act as if by virtue of child they have done the world some tremendous favor. Your kid isn't special and neither are you. Most likely your kid sucks and will fail in life.

Are you saying that as a general statement, or do you feel that people posting on here are asking for special treatment?

you're probably a bad parent if you think someone is an asshole for turning around and asking you to control your kid if the kid has been kicking his seat the whole flight. Your kid isn't above reproach just because they're a kid, good Lord. And like I said, a stranger telling me to stop damn sure would've made me when i was a kid (or just telling my parent to make me stop), how can you possibly have an issue with that?

Agreed. If the parent is trying to stop it I'm going to feel bad for them and not let it bother me. However if the parent is doing nothing and acts like its not their problem then I'm gonna wish ill will upon the entire family.

Agreed. If the parent is trying to stop it I'm going to feel bad for them and not let it bother me. However if the parent is doing nothing and acts like its not their problem then I'm gonna wish ill will upon the entire family.

same. good post deachoops

Agreed. I just love the self-importance of some coach air travelers, who think they're so important that nothing should be allowed to bother them on their $150 dollar non-refundable ticket. You just have to laugh.

For example, the type of person who'd send a stranger this anonymous neg rep: You would have to be an adult to give adult opinions. Also, stop procreating.
Thanks, Wake friend! Happy holidays!

Last edited:
Agreed. I just love the self-importance of some coach air travelers, who think they're so important that nothing should be allowed to bother them on their $150 dollar non-refundable ticket. You just have to laugh.

I thought you and your parenting "style" couldn't come off as more pompous, but you managed to do it.

Do you let your kid kick homeless people because they aren't good enough to have a place to live?

you're probably a bad parent if you think someone is an asshole for turning around and asking you to control your kid if the kid has been kicking his seat the whole flight. Your kid isn't above reproach just because they're a kid, good Lord. And like I said, a stranger telling me to stop damn sure would've made me when i was a kid (or just telling my parent to make me stop), how can you possibly have an issue with that?

That kind of depends on how big of an asshole the person turning around is. If I am failing my job and you point it out - fine. If I am looking the other direction and my kid kicks your seat once and you fly off the handle - you are an asshole (not you, you, but a hypothetical you).

Or, if I get on the plane and you act all pissy without anything happening, you are an asshole. I have to get my family somewhere and I am not going to drive and I am going to do my damndest not to let him be a huge pain in the ass, but you can not act like I am carrying the bubonic plague onto a plane when I carry my kid on.

I thought you and your parenting "style" couldn't come off as more pompous, but you managed to do it.

Do you let your kid kick homeless people because they aren't good enough to have a place to live?

Right, since, in order to be bothering them, me and my kid would have to be sitting in the same section. Way to put that together.

And I can definitely be more pompous.

Last edited:
Back