• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

There should be a $500 surcharge for children under 10 on flights. If people have to pay for pets (who are FAR less disturbing on average) then the same for kids.

Your point does not make sense - you already have to pay for a ticket for the kid, you don't for the dog/cat.

And seriously? How often do you guys fly? Kids are rarely that bad, even if you have some on the plane the chances they are directly behind you are negligible.

I think there should be a surcharge for people who take up too much room - if you can't fit with the arm rest down or if you need the seat belt extender, you should have to buy two tickets or fly first class.

No he's def getting neg repped by sensitive parents for that. I'm getting them for saying I would've stopped as an infant if a stranger told me to when I clearly said as a kid. The fuck is wrong with you parents?

Obviously Da is a bawse dad letting his child experience Nirvana in a taxi :)highfive) but it amazes me how sensitive people get from differing point of views. I don't have children, but I am cool with kids. I don't like when a child is uncontrollably screaming, but I have held a crying baby and I know there is not a switch. Instances like those are tough, but a child kicking a seat (after a certain amount of reps/time) can be mentioned to the adult flying with the child, I don't understand why that is such a big deal.

12-13-2011 10:55 AM "Look at the negrep whiner...makes little kids look like grown ass adults."
12-13-2011 10:51 AM "My word, you MD twerps are annoying as hell & stupid to boot..."

Cool people, or coolest people? The anonymity must be invigorating. I would hate to see what a lot of you people are like in real life if you get so offended on a message board from a difference of opinion lol. GL!!!

Rep is funny. It's 50-50 high-fives vs douches.

What does "56 27 34" mean anyway

I had a kid (probably 4 or 5) kick me in the legs standing in line at the zoo the other night 4 times. After the fourth time I turned around, expecting to see a child that had run off from his parents or something. His mom was holding his hand and only told him to stop after she made eye contact with me. I would have said something to E after the first kick and he certainly wouldn't have been going into the zoo if it happened 4 times, but the kid was old enough to understand that's the difference in my estimation.

FWIW, I didn't negrep anyone on this thread and think it's silly that I am getting negrepped for saying you should bring your child out in public so that they can learn how to behave in public. Get back to me when you have kids and tell me how being holed up in your house is working for your family.

FYI I have never negrepped anyone - strictly out of respect to my dear friend Knight. His use of the verb "negrepping" made it something I just could not get on board with. I do however sling posrep like Tebow wins games.

also agree those of you too scared to sign your rep suck

Whoever said " Looks like you're not getting many high fives...sure about that 50-50 number?"

it was 5-5 before you did that.

Your point does not make sense - you already have to pay for a ticket for the kid, you don't for the dog/cat.

And seriously? How often do you guys fly? Kids are rarely that bad, even if you have some on the plane the chances they are directly behind you are negligible.

I think there should be a surcharge for people who take up too much room - if you can't fit with the arm rest down or if you need the seat belt extender, you should have to buy two tickets or fly first class.

Definitely getting neg repped bombed, lol

I fly all the time, much of it trans-Atlantic. Yes, I try to avoid the "unwashed masses" as much as I can.

The problem is that while there might be only a 10% chance your kid is going to act up, with 10 children on a flight that means it's almost guaranteed to happen. And it only takes 1 screaming child to ruin everything for 100-200 other people.

Look, flying sucks. It sucks in Business or First class too, but it doubly sucks in coach. And it's fucking expensive. Nobody wants to spend $200-$1500 to sit in a tiny enclosed tube anymore than they have to. But with your annoying child screaming? That's absurd.

A hefty ($250 each way or so) surcharge wouldn't stop you from flying where you didn't have another option, but it would make you think twice about it. Who cares that you're miserable in your car with your kid for 8 hours. Tough luck, you're the one who decided to have one (or two or six). The rest of us didn't.

Airlines don't want you to have to think about flying.

I've never neg repped anyone, because the point of a message board is to debate your opinions and see what the other person thinks. Why it makes sense to go undercover and insult them, I'll never understand. I'll give pos rep for good posts though, because sometimes if you have nothing to add there's no point in cluttering up the thread.

I'd add that there is definitely differences in children's behavior depending on where the parents are from.

American and British parents are THE WORST EVER at controlling their kids. Flying, eating at a restaurant or just in public in general in central or eastern europe and especially in asia, the kids are much more likely to be under control and well behaved.

african and indian kids are the worst. hispanic are pretty bad too.

Definitely getting neg repped bombed, lol

I fly all the time, much of it trans-Atlantic. Yes, I try to avoid the "unwashed masses" as much as I can.

The problem is that while there might be only a 10% chance your kid is going to act up, with 10 children on a flight that means it's almost guaranteed to happen. And it only takes 1 screaming child to ruin everything for 100-200 other people.

Look, flying sucks. It sucks in Business or First class too, but it doubly sucks in coach. And it's fucking expensive. Nobody wants to spend $200-$1500 to sit in a tiny enclosed tube anymore than they have to. But with your annoying child screaming? That's absurd.

A hefty ($250 each way or so) surcharge wouldn't stop you from flying where you didn't have another option, but it would make you think twice about it. Who cares that you're miserable in your car with your kid for 8 hours. Tough luck, you're the one who decided to have one (or two or six). The rest of us didn't.

So you know there is roughly a 100% chance of a kid acting up on a plane, yet you still get upset like it should not be happening. I know there is a 100% chance that I am going to hit a bunch of red lights on my way to and from work that is going to waste 15 minutes of my life every single day so other bastards can get where they need to go as well, but I'm not complaining that we get rid of red lights for everyone but me. Some aspects of living in a society with other people are unpleasant. Deal with it.

So you know there is roughly a 100% chance of a kid acting up on a plane, yet you still get upset like it should not be happening. I know there is a 100% chance that I am going to hit a bunch of red lights on my way to and from work that is going to waste 15 minutes of my life every single day so other bastards can get where they need to go as well, but I'm not complaining that we get rid of red lights for everyone but me. Some aspects of living in a society with other people are unpleasant. Deal with it.

Exactly- to everyone complaining about kids on flights, you have the option of driving.

2 in 3 =/= "almost guaranteed". Don't they teach stats at GT?

To Australia*?

*negrep inevitably en route from this person

Okay I should say, the logistics of you NEEDING to fly are the same as people NEEDING to fly with kids. You have the, albeit impractical, option of avoiding flying. I am not saying this is a real solution, but it is about as real as telling people to never fly with kids.

Okay I should say, the logistics of you NEEDING to fly are the same as people NEEDING to fly with kids. You have the, albeit impractical, option of avoiding flying. I am not saying this is a real solution, but it is about as real as telling people to never fly with kids.

No I know, I was just ball busting. I agree, you are not offended by me not traveling with kids so I cannot be upset about you traveling with kids. Can they be a nuisance, yes, but in terms of bottom line traveling, I will have kids one day and if someone makes a comment when they are behaving, I will not appreciate it to say the least.

The kicking chair thing is still fair game to make a comment to the parent though, IMO.

Back