• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

i have never once been seated next to a hot chick on an airplane.

I remember once several years ago on a flight to RDU, I sat next to a smoking hot girl who was going to visit her boyfriend who played for the Rays but was assigned to Durham (or maybe he was playing for the Bulls and got called up a few times). Can't remember any other than that even though there are typically a few on my flight.

Racer, that's crazy. I had no idea that perk existed. I got moved to First Class once on a group trip to Boston for the 2003 BC game. I think we were supposed to fly out of Greensboro on Friday night, but the flight was cancelled so they had to get us on a flight the next morning. For some reason, they had a spot in First Class for our group and I was the only single so I got it.

Last edited:
If first class isn't full you are usually automatically upgraded to 1st based on freq flier points when you check in. So, if you have the most points of the folks checking in to that flight you will get it if there is an unsold first class seat and nobody on the standby list.

I've had some good luck over the years, not the least of which was a pro volleyball player who was buds with Gabrielle Reece (so she said). I definitely think a young man should be prepared to make the most of such an opportunity, rare as it may be.

I once was seated on a cross country flight between a Virginia college debate coach and a traveling nurse who had free drink coupons she was willing to share. Guess who I spent my time talking to. Hint: it was the nurse.

I'd rather somebody wear sweatpants than the now-popular indoor scarf phenomenon. Every time I see someone wearing a scarf above about 25 degrees I just want to cinch it around their throat and string them up by it. The receptionist in my office wears a scarf all day about 3 days per week, and it's like 50 degrees outside and she never leaves the building. What the hell do you need a scarf for? In our last partners meeting I proposed firing her for it as it pisses me off so much, but I got outvoted.

Last month me and a buddy were flying down to Miami for a dive trip. The plane was packed and as we made our way down the aisle, I noticed this sexy redhead sitting in my seat. She was cheery and slid over, moving the stuff under her seat. Hoping that my buddy could see her gorgeous backside, I turned around (he was sitting in the row behind me) and slowly grinned. I totally lost it when he mouthed the word "thong" in such a way that all the people around us knew what he was saying and what I was doing.

She was really nice, though. Worked for DHL in Atlanta. And surprise of surprises, she declined my invitation to join us in Key Largo for a week of diving. Of course, she now has a "sat next to another perv on the flight" story. Eh, fuck it.

So, you guys dress up for flights given the tiny chance you might be seated beside a hot girl and the even tinier chance that she'll want to speak to you for more than a brief hello, much less grab an airport hotel room with you for a quick hookup? No wonder the lotteries make so much $$. I can only assume that you also have a safe room built into your house in case of the highly unlikely zombie apocalypse, right?

So, you guys dress up for flights given the tiny chance you might be seated beside a hot girl and the even tinier chance that she'll want to speak to you for more than a brief hello, much less grab an airport hotel room with you for a quick hookup? No wonder the lotteries make so much $$. I can only assume that you also have a safe room built into your house in case of the highly unlikely zombie apocalypse, right?

Let's not take it too far getting mad at people for zombie preparation.

Last month me and a buddy were flying down to Miami for a dive trip. The plane was packed and as we made our way down the aisle, I noticed this sexy redhead sitting in my seat. She was cheery and slid over, moving the stuff under her seat. Hoping that my buddy could see her gorgeous backside, I turned around (he was sitting in the row behind me) and slowly grinned. I totally lost it when he mouthed the word "thong" in such a way that all the people around us knew what he was saying and what I was doing.

She was really nice, though. Worked for DHL in Atlanta. And surprise of surprises, she declined my invitation to join us in Key Largo for a week of diving. Of course, she now has a "sat next to another perv on the flight" story. Eh, fuck it.

Did you ask her to "kiss the deacon?"

Maybe it is because I fly across the Atlantic, but I am going to wear whatever the hell is comfortable for both of my ten hour flights

I'd rather somebody wear sweatpants than the now-popular indoor scarf phenomenon. Every time I see someone wearing a scarf above about 25 degrees I just want to cinch it around their throat and string them up by it. The receptionist in my office wears a scarf all day about 3 days per week, and it's like 50 degrees outside and she never leaves the building. What the hell do you need a scarf for? In our last partners meeting I proposed firing her for it as it pisses me off so much, but I got outvoted.

My sister had to have her thyroid removed and has a giant scar on her neck that she likes to cover with a scarf.

taking into consideration the weather, i generally just wear the bulkiest thing i am taking so that i have more room in my suitcase. it's a pain to have to take off tennis shoes at security rather than just slip off the flip flops, but that approach tends to mean i don't have to worry about checking anything.

this ties in with the sweatpants thing as well. When i flew back from Miami/Orange Bowl I sat next to a smoking college chick who was also a bartender. she was dressed in sweats and at but at one point in the flight she broke out her outfit from the bar, a micro jean skirt and halter. I thought it was weird to show me but whatever. long story short she was super hot and flirting with me but I was not and have never been a closer of any kind.

but I have been seated next to a hot chick. I didn't care that she was wearing sweats.

About four years ago I was seated next to a hot chick coming back from a legal seminar. We talked, hit it off and made plans for a date. We went out, had a really nice time, planned to see each other again, talked/texted on the phone several times. She cancelled one follow up date, and I can't remember the reason but it sounded legitimate. A week later I got a call from her phone early on a Sunday morning and it was her fiance wanting to know what my relationship was with his fiance. This chick was crazy, had told me about her Porsche and the million dollar house she lived in; turns out she had moved in with her fiance's family in their million dollar house.

I went to a conference in Atlanta and knew I would need the blazer for a couple of dinners. It was early June and hot but wearing it was easier than packing it. If I'm travelling for leisure, I'm probably wearing some comfortable khakis, nice shirt, and some comfortable shoes that are easy to take off for the TSA stuff.

just history and lame tradition from the days when only rich white people could afford to fly

pretty weird neg rep for this comment but whatever. i don't hate people better off than me, i just think that dressing up to fly is pretty dumb when most of the wealthy people I know dress pretty casual when they fly. nothing like trying too hard.

pretty weird neg rep for this comment but whatever. i don't hate people better off than me, i just think that dressing up to fly is pretty dumb when most of the wealthy people I know dress pretty casual when they fly. nothing like trying too hard.

You don't even get real silverware in first class anymore!

Back