• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

I'm probably just a crazy person, but I'm actually way more comfortable wearing well-fitting nice clothes (suits or otherwise) than loose "around the house" type clothes. But the added perk of not looking like WT is also nice.

I've sat next to a couple hot chicks on planes; they also happened to be pretty cool and wanting to talk. Good times. Way better flying experience than being herded in next to a fatty.

Every time I see someone wearing a scarf above about 25 degrees I just want to cinch it around their throat and string them up by it. The receptionist in my office wears a scarf all day about 3 days per week, and it's like 50 degrees outside and she never leaves the building. What the hell do you need a scarf for?

Same reason I see people wearing furry ugg boots at 95-degree football games.

My sister had to have her thyroid removed and has a giant scar on her neck that she likes to cover with a scarf.

Certainly a reasonable excuse. But I don't see enough people with visible neck scarring to justify the number of clowns wearing scarves with t-shirts. It is worse than the jackoffs who wear snow hats (wool hats / toboggans / whatever you call it) inside or when it is not cold out.

Certainly a reasonable excuse. But I don't see enough people with visible neck scarring to justify the number of clowns wearing scarves with t-shirts. It is worse than the jackoffs who wear snow hats (wool hats / toboggans / whatever you call it) inside or when it is not cold out.

media_https3amazonaws_lsnBm.jpg.scaled500.jpg

I rarely fly, never travel alone, never sat in first class, never drank on a plane, and generally dress for comfort. Not sweatpants comfort....but jeans, polo shirt, and driving shoes comfort. Flights are a chore to me. I'm about as bad as B.A. Baracus. I think I would have a panic attack if I flew on a twin engine plane.

I'm flying cross-country on thursday. I selected window seats so I know I have one barrier I can lean on and scooch away from larger passengers, should they be seated next to me.

You don't even get real silverware in first class anymore!

Depends on the airline - Delta still had real silverware a month ago.

Twice this year I have sat next to someone who needed the seat belt extender - you gotta wonder if that is a point of pride or shame to the person who needs it.

oh, and it's a red-eye. I definintely intend to wear yoga pants for sleep's sake.

Are we lumping in sweatpants with athletic pants? If its a personal flight and I know I am flying coach, I almost always wear athletic pants. Will never EVER wear lounge clothes if I am flying first/business - the already snobby stewardesses treat you like you don't belong.

Wait until you see people boarding your plane wearing Snuggies. It happens. Apparently TSA is okay with them. I think you have a social obligation to beat the shit out of any adult wearing one of these in the airport.

Yeah I guess if you are pajama rich you are flying private jets/charters.

the arm rest in the aisle goes up on most seats. Just flew back from vegas yesterday wearing Nike sweatpants. Only way to spend 6 hours in those cramped seats IMO.

Wait until you see people boarding your plane wearing Snuggies. It happens. Apparently TSA is okay with them. I think you have a social obligation to beat the shit out of any adult wearing one of these in the airport.

I was watching this video from BigCatRescue about transporting a bobcat from Rhode Island to Florida. Two things:
1. Southwest let a bobcat fly in cabin in a crate
2. The TSA tried to remove the bobcat from the crate in the middle of security to pat it down. The rescue refused. They settled on the handler removing it from the crate in a room with a window and showing them while they waited outside.
Stupid on so many levels.

I was on a plane recently and there was a commotion a few rows up because this fat guy could not fit in the seat unless the arm rest was up and the lady in the seat next to him refused to put it up. I mean, she has rights to and paid for the seat, but it was a scene. Some other lady just bit the bullet and traded with her.

I was on a plane recently and there was a commotion a few rows up because this fat guy could not fit in the seat unless the arm rest was up and the lady in the seat next to him refused to put it up. I mean, she has rights to and paid for the seat, but it was a scene. Some other lady just bit the bullet and traded with her.

What do you think went through Fatso's mind when he saw that HP was about to sit next to him?

Back