• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

If first class isn't full you are usually automatically upgraded to 1st based on freq flier points when you check in. So, if you have the most points of the folks checking in to that flight you will get it if there is an unsold first class seat and nobody on the standby list.
What airline does this happen on?

What airline does this happen on?

Most of the big ones - definitely not Southwest, not sure about Airtran or JetBlue. I fly Delta or American mainly, and they both work this way. The points are accrued on an annual basis giving you a status level (Silver/Gold/Diamond/etc.), based on your priority (and how early you check in to get on the upgrade list) you could get any open 1st class or business class seats.

yeah my boss flies US Airways and is Chairman's on them...she is upgraded on every flight with them, unless, of course it's a regional jet, which she flies a lot as that's what they have on the flight from GSO to DCA or LGA she frequently does

not in sweatpants. my cold weather workout stuff is mostly nylon or something. kind of like parachute pants. top is a jacket over nike dri-fit or head long sleeves. chicks dig it.

Rubbins?

hammer-time.png

I have flown 500k miles on Delta over the last 4 years. Never sat next to a hot chick, but get upgraded 90% of the time. Sitting next to a fattie in coach now. FML.

Dont own sweatpants. So impossible to fly in them.

correct answer for most any reasonable adult

Do you not go to the gym when it is cold out?

I do go to the gym when its cold out. most of the time I just wear running shorts and a Nike Fit pullover. It only gets colder than mid thirties for about 10 days out of the year in ATL. Its only about 200ft from the car to the door. I have a track pants if absolutely necessary.

Believe it or not, there is life without sweatpants.

Most of the big ones - definitely not Southwest, not sure about Airtran or JetBlue. I fly Delta or American mainly, and they both work this way. The points are accrued on an annual basis giving you a status level (Silver/Gold/Diamond/etc.), based on your priority (and how early you check in to get on the upgrade list) you could get any open 1st class or business class seats.
Not with Delta. I am a Platinum 3 Million Miler. The upgrades are based on your status, not total mileage in their system.

I will say that Delta is by far the most generous with upgrades. Only problem now is that if you are not at least Gold, the upgrades are brutally hard to come by.

I do go to the gym when its cold out. most of the time I just wear running shorts and a Nike Fit pullover. It only gets colder than mid thirties for about 10 days out of the year in ATL. Its only about 200ft from the car to the door. I have a track pants if absolutely necessary.

I could see this. I live within walking distance of my gym, but not close enough to just rock shorts if it is cold out. If its cold I normally wear sweatpants over the gym shorts. Track pants aren't enough if its windy and really cold, so I got with thick sweatpants.

I could see this. I live within walking distance of my gym, but not close enough to just rock shorts if it is cold out. If its cold I normally wear sweatpants over the gym shorts. Track pants aren't enough if its windy and really cold, so I got with thick sweatpants.

But would you ever wear sweatpants UNDER your gym shorts...that's the question?

I saw a dude running in black tights under his black shorts yesterday in Ardmore. From the surface he looked straight, but ya never know these days.

I work out in my basement at 5:30 every morning, and there is no heat down there, so this time of year the sun hasn't come up yet and it is fairly cold. Therefore, I have 7 pairs of Hanes old-school elastic-leg sweat pants that I got from Target for $4 each. I also have the 7 matching crew-neck sweatshirts, which were also $4 each. The wife says I look like I'm going to gym class in the early 80s, but I don't give a fuck. Entire problem solved for $56, which is likely about the same cost as the 1 Nike Fit pullover. But I admit that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't wear any of it out in public.

I saw a dude running in black tights under his black shorts yesterday in Ardmore. From the surface he looked straight, but ya never know these days.

Black tights or black sweatpants? Tights under shorts? Sure. I much prefer tights over baggy pants for running in the cold. Don't really care what others think about it. If someone wants to wear shorts over their tights, go for it...at 5:30 in the morning, no one can see me anyway.

Not with Delta. I am a Platinum 3 Million Miler. The upgrades are based on your status, not total mileage in their system.I will say that Delta is by far the most generous with upgrades. Only problem now is that if you are not at least Gold, the upgrades are brutally hard to come by.

And the each flier's status is based on the total mileage logged.

:plos:

wearing tights under shorts is totally different than wearing sweatpants under shorts.

I frequently see guys wearing shorts over running tights. a bit of modesty I guess - and an extra layer over the bits that might get most uncomfortably cold.

And the each flier's status is based on the total mileage logged. :plos:
Incorrect.

It is based on what you accrue each year. That is why you see folks, myself included, booking extra flights at the end of the year to cement their status for next year.

You may have 750,000 miles, but if you do not make the MGM's for the current year, you will not have status.

I ran track in HS and still have a couple pair of tights to be worn under shorts. I think I may have run outside with them on once.

Incorrect.

It is based on what you accrue each year. That is why you see folks, myself included, booking extra flights at the end of the year to cement their status for next year.

You may have 750,000 miles, but if you do not make the MGM's for the current year, you will not have status.

I think we are all saying the same thing.

It is based on the accrued mileage each year - but overall accrued mileage counts for something too, if you get that high - anything over 1 million miles gets a perma-silver on Delta - 2 million is perma-gold, I think.

Back