• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

wearing tights under shorts is totally different than wearing sweatpants under shorts.

I frequently see guys wearing shorts over running tights. a bit of modesty I guess - and an extra layer over the bits that might get most uncomfortably cold.

this. plenty of guys wear tights under shorts. i personally prefer it over guys just wearing tights out in the open. that's just awkward.

I think we are all saying the same thing.

It is based on the accrued mileage each year - but overall accrued mileage counts for something too, if you get that high - anything over 1 million miles gets a perma-silver on Delta - 2 million is perma-gold, I think.
You are correct on both counts. I mis-read your post and came across wrong. The only time accrued mileage counts with Delta is in permanent status. I am lifetime Platinum now with my 3 Million Miles and was just trying to make Diamond for next year--missed it.

this. plenty of guys wear tights under shorts. i personally prefer it over guys just wearing tights out in the open. that's just awkward.

Who the hell are you hanging out with?

I have seen a guy wearing tights once, and I am pretty sure it was pledging related.

I got some sweet Nike dri-fit and head running/workout stuff at marshals recently. Same long sleeve I got for $15 was $50 at dicks. And it's so much mire comfy than the cotton stuff i use to wear. You can do it affordably, and you will wonder what took you so long and then never look back. Haven't worn it on the airplane rides yet tho.

I have seen a guy wearing tights once, and I am pretty sure it was pledging related.

Never watched any of about 5-6 different sports at the Olympics?

I'm flying cross-country on thursday. I selected window seats so I know I have one barrier I can lean on and scooch away from larger passengers, should they be seated next to me.

LBE, Tough choice. I usually go window on shorter trips to grab a bit of sleep against the window. Longer trips, particularly international, I go aisle because I know I'll be hitting up the free nips of whiskey. Bathroom trips are tough while climbing over "larger passengers".

As for the debate,
There's no shame in cute girls wearing the yoga pants or tights, whatever you want to call them. If you work out for a nice looking body, you're more than welcome to wear something comfortable showing that off. Guys wearing sweat pants, eh, whatever. Not my style, but to each their own. Just cover your ass.

I'm not sure which is worse: long flight with baby crying in my ear or long flight sitting next to a very obese person.
:eek:

i have never once been seated next to a hot chick on an airplane.

My brother ended up dating a girl that he sat next to a flight on from Birmingham to Atlanta. She was pure smoke. It's never happened to me on a flight and I'm definitely always looking at the talent coming down the aisle thinking "Yes, please." and then obese dudes sitting next to me.

I had an situation this summer on a train from Charlottesville to DC where I was talking to this girl. In the station she and her friend were talking and annoying the shit out of me, but we ended up sitting next to each other. Our train was delayed and the 2 hour trip to DC took 5 hours. We talked the whole time and she was pretty damned good looking. It turned out that she was 20.

this ties in with the sweatpants thing as well. When i flew back from Miami/Orange Bowl I sat next to a smoking college chick who was also a bartender. she was dressed in sweats and at but at one point in the flight she broke out her outfit from the bar, a micro jean skirt and halter. I thought it was weird to show me but whatever. long story short she was super hot and flirting with me but I was not and have never been a closer of any kind.

but I have been seated next to a hot chick. I didn't care that she was wearing sweats.

I don't understand the girls in skintight jeans and 4 inch heels. I dress nice, but it's still khakis and a blazer. Shit is pretty comfortable.

Dont own sweatpants. So impossible to fly in them.

I had a great pair of sweatpants for studying but they were stolen from me by a friend. I do rock the pajama pants when I study, but they've never seen actual sunlight.

Never watched any of about 5-6 different sports at the Olympics?

I wrestled in high school and got a singlet for christmas one year because our school couldn't afford the nice ones. I don't have any running tights, but I have a couple of pairs of running pants.

Last edited:
Man one of the track girls when I was at Wake used to wear tights everywhere. She had a rather nice body and it's safe to say she was well aware of that. I bet some of yall know who I'm talking about.

My brother ended up dating a girl that he sat next to a flight on from Birmingham to Atlanta. She was pure smoke. It's never happened to me on a flight and I'm definitely always looking at the talent coming down the aisle thinking "Yes, please." and then obese dudes sitting next to me.

I had an situation this summer on a train from Charlottesville to DC where I was talking to this girl. In the station she and her friend were talking and annoying the shit out of me, but we ended up sitting next to each other. Our train was delayed and the 2 hour trip to DC took 5 hours. We talked the whole time and she was pretty damned good looking. It turned out that she was 20.

I don't understand the girls in skintight jeans and 4 inch heels. I dress nice, but it's still khakis and a blazer. Shit is pretty comfortable.

I had a great pair of sweatpants for studying but they were stolen from me by a friend. I do rock the pajama pants when I study, but they've never seen actual sunlight.

I wrestled in high school and got a singlet for christmas one year because our school couldn't afford the nice ones. I don't have any running tights, but I have a couple of pairs of running pants.

Probably in case they sit next to a rich dude on the plane.

I'll admit that I like to dress up when I fly. I usually wear a dress of some sort, but I find dresses to be extremely comfortable. Also, I always try to look nice, so I guess I don't necessarily dress up for the flight anymore than I would for any other day.

I didnt have time to read the thread. When did the fatty defenders arrive? Or did they not arrive at all this time?

They didn't arrive, this thread has actually kind of been all over the place.

Man one of the track girls when I was at Wake used to wear tights everywhere. She had a rather nice body and it's safe to say she was well aware of that. I bet some of yall know who I'm talking about.

When did you graduate? I was 08 and think I know who you're talking about.

flying back from KC when I was working for Andersen, I had this guy who looked like he could play linebacker for the Chiefs sitting beside me. He wasn't fat, just so big that he was into my seating area. He finally got up and stood for the last half of the flight. Pretty freakin' miserable before that.

i mean, if you're under 25, fine, wear sweatpants. Over 25ish and not at a gym? you look like a loser.

Look, I get it. But travel with two kids under the age of two. It's all over for you anyway, and you're dead certain to get various crap spilled or wiped all over you, so you might as well be comfortable.

But track pants, not sweat pants. Have a floor.

flying back from KC when I was working for Andersen, I had this guy who looked like he could play linebacker for the Chiefs sitting beside me. He wasn't fat, just so big that he was into my seating area. He finally got up and stood for the last half of the flight. Pretty freakin' miserable before that.

My friend sat next to Jonathan Ogden on a red-eye from Vegas a few years ago....he just slept the entire time but I bet both of them were uncomfortable. My friend is a big Ravens fan so he was pretty cised and didn't mind though.

Back