• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Does anyone else think it is a little extreme that this lady's job would be affected because she acted like a bitch on a plane? It's not like she committed a crime or anything... The impact of camera phones and social media has gone way past out of control.

I might agree with you, except that the woman is the one who mentioned her job to the flight attendant, trying to intimidate her with the "power" of being the program director at the state Council of the Arts

When the program director for the New York State council of the arts says to jump, you ask how high

I might agree with you, except that the woman is the one who mentioned her job to the flight attendant, trying to intimidate her with the "power" of being the program director at the state Council of the Arts

That is a little fact that makes this one a little different... But generally I think it is ridiculous that my job could be threatened if, for instance, I get pissed off at a service person somewhere and cuss them out. Anyone can lose their temper every once in a while and act like a jerk. It wasn't until social media and the ubiquitous camera phone that it can ruin your life. And no, I don't think your life should be ruined because you act like a jerk sometimes.

That is a little fact that makes this one a little different... But generally I think it is ridiculous that my job could be threatened if, for instance, I get pissed off at a service person somewhere and cuss them out. Anyone can lose their temper every once in a while and act like a jerk. It wasn't until social media and the ubiquitous camera phone that it can ruin your life. And no, I don't think your life should be ruined because you act like a jerk sometimes.

Face it, she probably acts like a jerk with great frequency.

if I saw my employee acting like that while also using the business' name in public, especially as a crowbar, I'd fire them.

Delta “upgraded” me to a comfort plus middle seat which is worse than what I had picked out already—an exit row middle seat but there is no window seat next to it. No way to switch back.

Delta “upgraded” me to a comfort plus middle seat which is worse than what I had picked out already—an exit row middle seat but there is no window seat next to it. No way to switch back.

On a somewhat related note, probably the best coach seat in the plane is the exit row window seat behind the exit row with no window seat. You're welcome, if you don't already pursue that one.

I always feel guilty when I get that seat lol. Cause I'm short.

Was on United yesterday, what a shitty airline. The Flight Attendant said the reason they took out viewing screens and music was "better fuel usage". Even if each of those screens and arm rests weighed an additional pound per seat, the total difference is about the size of one or two passengers. What a load of shit.

The new armrests must be for toddlers or little people. They are about 2" off the seat and useless. The lady in front of me kept her seat back and this made pulling out the tray nearly impossible because of how little space there is between rows.

When I got to Houston, it took me a golf cart, two escalators, a tram, an ox cart and two Ubers to get to my connecting flight.

The plane I had for my connecting flight was loud and I couldn't even stand up straight in the aisle to get to and from my seat. If you are 6'5 or bigger you might have to crawl to your seat.

Yippee United!!!

Screens in the seat are a waste on non-international flights. Everyone I've flown with lately has offered free streaming video to your phone/laptop/tablet for domestic trips. Better solution.

When I got to Houston, it took me a golf cart, two escalators, a tram, an ox cart and two Ubers to get to my connecting flight.

I somehow always knew that RJ was one of those guys.

Was on United yesterday, what a shitty airline. The Flight Attendant said the reason they took out viewing screens and music was "better fuel usage". Even if each of those screens and arm rests weighed an additional pound per seat, the total difference is about the size of one or two passengers. What a load of shit.

The new armrests must be for toddlers or little people. They are about 2" off the seat and useless. The lady in front of me kept her seat back and this made pulling out the tray nearly impossible because of how little space there is between rows.

The plane I had for my connecting flight was loud and I couldn't even stand up straight in the aisle to get to and from my seat. If you are 6'5 or bigger you might have to crawl to your seat.

Yippee United!!!

rjkarl.gif

On a somewhat related note, probably the best coach seat in the plane is the exit row window seat behind the exit row with no window seat. You're welcome, if you don't already pursue that one.

at least I got that on my connecting flight, but it's only 30 mins, unlike the 3.5 hour one I'm about to endure.

Yippee United!!!

at least you're a human flying them and not a dog

Screens in the seat are a waste on non-international flights. Everyone I've flown with lately has offered free streaming video to your phone/laptop/tablet for domestic trips. Better solution.

Agreed. For domestic, vastly better to invest in reasonable Wifi versus entertainment. I believe that is the exact trade-off they made.

Back