• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Wow. American/Delta suck.

Delta has Delta Studio to stream on your phone/tablet/computer on every flight with WiFi (i.e., damn near all of them at this point). Not Netflix, but the Delta movies, shows and music (I think on the music - never use that) that are available on a plane with in seat entertainment.

Geez. I didn’t know there was one. Never heard of anyone connecting from Tampa to Orlando.

Got upgraded to first class on the ATL-AVL flight the other night. Flight attendant came up to me after boarding and asked if I wanted to move up. 30 mom flight but better than nothing I guess.

Glad she got you away from all those moms.

Probably longer than the one from Washington Reagan to Washington Dulles.

This exists???

I wonder if the pilots who just have to fly the same commuter routes back and forth every day are more or less happy than the ones who are flying longer hauls, varying flight schedules, and international destinations? On one hand, the latter sounds way more interesting and you get to see more of the country/world, but for those with families, the former would provide a much more "regular" lifestyle. Probably just depends on the person, as with anything.

Last edited:
This exists???

I wonder if the pilots who just have to fly the same commuter routes back and forth every day are more or less happy than the ones who are flying longer hauls, varying flight schedules, and international destinations? On one hand, the latter sounds way more interesting and you get to see more of the country/world, but for those with families, the former would provide a much more "regular" lifestyle. Probably just depends on the person, as with anything.

What's the shittiest, most dangerous part of flying ? Takeoffs and landings. Take off once, fly for five hours, land. Do it again in the other direction and go home. Awesome job. Not sure if they do it like that though.

in my experience, pilots have boners for flying bigger, more sophisticated planes

giphy.gif

This exists???

yeah but if you're flying those small jets you're making like $35k a year and working horrible hours. pilots on the big jets on the fancy routes make bank. or at least they used to -- the pilots I knew growing up who flew to Asia did, not sure now.

yeah but if you're flying those small jets you're making like $35k a year and working horrible hours. pilots on the big jets on the fancy routes make bank. or at least they used to -- the pilots I knew growing up who flew to Asia did, not sure now.

The Air Force, Navy and Marines are having trouble keeping fighter pilots right now because the commercial flying industry is up. Some pilots are turning down $450K bonuses to re-enlist, so I'd assume that salaries are pretty significant.

Lots of United pilots here in DC - I know a couple. They seem most motivated by moving up in seniority - i.e. one I know chose to switch from the DC-Honolulu route as first captain (#2), which he said was a sweet gig because it's not hard once you're in the air, to shitty east coast routes to be captain.

Lots of United pilots here in DC - I know a couple. They seem most motivated by moving up in seniority - i.e. one I know chose to switch from the DC-Honolulu route as first captain (#2), which he said was a sweet gig because it's not hard once you're in the air, to shitty east coast routes to be captain.

I assume that would be better money

Back