• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Speaking of baggage, my fucking cab went the wrong way on the way to ORD and I missed United’s 45-minutes checked bag cut off time by one minute, which meant I couldn't get on my flight.

The refusal of cab companies to use a service like Waze or Google Maps is yet another reason why I have no use for them. Innovate or just go away.

Logan, on the other hand, has the worst baggage claim of any airport I've been to. Maybe I've been unlucky, but both times I've checked bags (golf clubs) there, I've had to wait 40+ minutes to get it and the area was a cluster of heat/cold/construction/body odor.

Thankfully, I won't be checking bags to Logan this AM.

Logan's baggage claim is fine, I've used the Jetblue one... a lot. Someone's n=2 sample size isn't indicative of anything.

No, everywhere domestically.

Speaking of baggage, my fucking cab went the wrong way on the way to ORD and I missed United’s 45-minutes checked bag cut off time by one minute, which meant I couldn't get on my flight. Already had my boarding pass and woulda been on time to the gate if not checking. Normally I wouldn’t have checked but was in town for a trade show and had to bring a lot of shit.

Now on a flight to Charlotte since the later Asheville and Greenville flights were full.

Small world, I flew out of ORD yesterday as well. What a shit airport. Over an hour outside of downtown (left at 3:30pm) and then the longest security line I have ever seen. DFW is infinitely better.

Small world, I flew out of ORD yesterday as well. What a shit airport. Over an hour outside of downtown (left at 3:30pm) and then the longest security line I have ever seen. DFW is infinitely better.

TRUTH

It does seem noticable as I fly now vs when I used to fly 10+ years ago that the airlines have drastically sped up the time it takes to get your checked bags.

It does seem noticable as I fly now vs when I used to fly 10+ years ago that the airlines have drastically sped up the time it takes to get your checked bags.

Surely checked bag fees have drastically reduced the number of bags checked on flights. Only a few to unload —> quick turnaround.

Got a lucky first class seat from CLT to SFO on American today. It totally sucked for first class. No power outlets, no entertainment screens. Food was fine, but I had a shit ton of work to do and only about half of a laptop battery. And to top it all off, this old dude in the row in front of me kept ripping putrid farts. His own wife was getting mad at him. The flight attendant even rolled through a few times spraying air freshener. AA sucks.

Got a lucky first class seat from CLT to SFO on American today. It totally sucked for first class. No power outlets, no entertainment screens. Food was fine, but I had a shit ton of work to do and only about half of a laptop battery. And to top it all off, this old dude in the row in front of me kept ripping putrid farts. His own wife was getting mad at him. The flight attendant even rolled through a few times spraying air freshener. AA sucks.

not. so. lucky.

yeah your coach seat would've had a power port so it's completely reasonable to board with a half-charged battery for a XC flight.

yeah your coach seat would've had a power port so it's completely reasonable to board with a half-charged battery for a XC flight.

I don't think the coach seat would have had power, AA sucks. About 50% of the time the planes do not have outlets, and if they do there is another 50% chance they don't work.

real airlines like Delta have eliminated flatulence amongst their passenger base. on a recent flight from ATL-ORD they passed out these special "candies" that apparently counteract the foul smelling bacteria in your rectum. The brand name for them is "SmartMints" but the FAs all call them FartMints. Anyway, just another reason Delta is better than American.

Back