• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Gonna be great when air travel resumes and these science-hating MAGA chuds start stomping their feet in the boarding line because they're getting a temp screen and being asked to wear a mask.

Gonna be great when air travel resumes and these science-hating MAGA chuds start stomping their feet in the boarding line because they're getting a temp screen and being asked to wear a mask.

if only their guns weren't in the cargo hold

PSA: you can use the "change flight" option on aa.com and "rebook" your exact same flight, getting the fare difference as a future airline credit. Did it today with two trips (TBD if we go) in October/December.

PSA: you can use the "change flight" option on aa.com and "rebook" your exact same flight, getting the fare difference as a future airline credit. Did it today with two trips (TBD if we go) in October/December.

Southwest has had this feature forever. Would be nice if it could be made permanent on the legacy carriers.

This is the longest I have not been on a commercial airline in probably 9 years. Pretty fucking crazy.

Wonder what the airlines are going to do about status? Nobody is making top tier status. I think I am only qualifying for Gold status with the poors at this pace.

This is the longest I have not been on a commercial airline in probably 9 years. Pretty fucking crazy.

Wonder what the airlines are going to do about status? Nobody is making top tier status. I think I am only qualifying for Gold status with the poors at this pace.

They are all extending status for an additional year.

I hit gold at the beginning of March, depending on the restart of the world, might get platinum, but its gonna be tough to get diamond again this year.

I hit gold at the beginning of March, depending on the restart of the world, might get platinum, but its gonna be tough to get diamond again this year.

I hit lifetime gold about 7 or 8 years ago and it's fucking worthless.

“Commercial airline”

Nice humble brag. Were you in the private jet last week?

But, Freedom! America!!

That’s amazing. Great that the dude has an entire Wikipedia entry for his drunkest night ever.

Bump, now that travel is BACK, baby. I'm new to the extensive work travel game, and getting back into personal travel, so could use some help navigating the status world (never really have had any). I've gotten Delta status already this year based on work travel (better flight times/much better service than AA). Zero AA status, despite using it for almost all personal travel out of CLT, with 5 flights scheduled between now and just after New Years. Basically, I'm wondering if I should forego my Delta status and start working towards AA, to benefit from the status on personal flights.

Also curious if anyone's had any luck doing an AA "status challenge". Sucks they don't do the status match like Delta/United. But with 5 flights, including one to Europe, I think I'll accumulate enough MQMs/MQDs to qualify for platinum in a 90 day stretch at the end of the year.

I just had a "status trial" offer from AA expire Tuesday before I remembered to claim it. Offered me platinum pro for a few months with ability to retain it through '22 with certain flights/spending within the trial period. Was totally achievable if I were back to anything close to pre covid travel, but yet to hear word on if/when we'll be resuming work travel and the wife's still afraid of most public activities. I assume that was targeted to me as I had status in prior years, but might be worth checking your AA account promotions section from time to time in case it's a common one.

When I was at Bank of America the travel portal had links to status match offers that included American. If you're with a big employer, you might have that option as well.

I'm in Charlotte now but got started with Continental/Star Alliance and (probably stupidly) have stuck with them (United now) ever since. Still flew enough American to gain lower status tiers a few years, but historically direct routes made it much harder to achieve status. With status more focused on spend now, unless you're frequenting cities with another airline hub, stick to the hub airline in your city.

Spent an insane amount of nights in Marriott properties too if you're interested in any info on how they operate.

Back