• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

9 month old is probably ok. My worst flights were with a 16ish month old. Active enough to not sit still, no interest in napping but too young to watch an iPad or get engrossed in an activity for long.

Worked out pretty well. Scared to jinx it for the return flight but he did really well.

9 month old is probably ok. My worst flights were with a 16ish month old. Active enough to not sit still, no interest in napping but too young to watch an iPad or get engrossed in an activity for long.

TITCR + old enough to get motion sickness!

Flying with a non-mobile baby is significantly easier - on everyone - than flying with a toddler.

Just got home from a flight. Guy shit himself on the plane and then passed out very briefly in the aisle. His wife/gf shepherded him into the restroom where he spent a good 10 minutes. I think this is how outbreaks start.

Just got home from a flight. Guy shit himself on the plane and then passed out very briefly in the aisle. His wife/gf shepherded him into the restroom where he spent a good 10 minutes. I think this is how outbreaks start.

Say what? Was he wasted or just sick?

I was on a cross country flight not too long ago in an exit row seat across from the bathroom. This elderly woman very clearly had some sort of bathroom mishap. A flight attendant was in and out several times. Her husband was summoned back with clean clothes. She was in there for about 45 minutes. The bathroom was then shut down for the remainder of the flight. Thankfully there were no noticeable smells involved.

On the other hand, my then 2 year old son once got explosive diarrhea on a plane. Like every ten minutes. I was not there - my wife was with him - and she was absolutely mortified. I’m sure the other passengers wanted to throw them off the plane.

I am on an Alaskan Airlines flight right now. Probably one of the better flying experiences I have had. Also they board the plane from back to front. What!?

I am on an Alaskan Airlines flight right now. Probably one of the better flying experiences I have had. Also they board the plane from back to front. What!?

That method is supposed to speed up loading. People seated in the back don't have to wait for the people in front to get past them to the seats in the rear. Good theory. How did it work in operation?

Delta used to load from the back. Was very efficient. However those seats in back are less desirable, and the proletariat class sitting there would fill overhead bin space from the front section on their way to the back of the plane, so this method was scrapped

Delta used to load from the back. Was very efficient. However those seats in back are less desirable, and the proletariat class sitting there would fill overhead bin space from the front section on their way to the back of the plane, so this method was scrapped

Exactly. This is so obvious. Not sure why people don't understand that the carry-on space is the reason why you have to spread out boarding.

when I was in Amsterdam boarding an intra-Europe KLM a few weeks ago, they basically just let all of coach on at once and it sorts itself out.

when flying back to Amsterdam from Helsinki on KLM, they had gates where you scanned your boarding pass (like getting on a subway or something) and if it wasn't your zone boarding, it wouldn't let you on as happened with the lady in line in front of me.

either of those are better options than how it works in the US now.

Southwest model is proven to be the fastest, but doesn't jibe with most airline's business models of tiered options

Back