• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

HeavyPetter

Carnal Decadence
Reaction score
I get on the plane and some fat dude has the aisle seat. I look into my sat and there's a Snickers bar and a Gatorade on my seat. Dude is wearing sweatpants.

He's wearing sweats and not jean shorts, so I assume it's not this guy:

kevin-smith-b.jpg

I'd just landed the standby tickets (wasn't aware for some reason that I didn't actually have a seat) on my way to study abroad in Europe a few years ago and was lucky enough to not only get a seat late before the flight but for it to be an exit row. A couple minutes after I sit down this guy comes to claim the seat next to me. Not only is he big enough to force bodily contact with my entire left side but he's apparently been chain smoking for the last day to save up for the 10 hour flight ahead. Dude reeks of cigs.

I was shaking my fist at the heavens until right before takeoff when they decided he wasn't going to be terribly useful in an emergency situation (exit row!) and they had him switch seats with someone else - a thin college kid from VaTech. Lucked out that time.

From experience, the flight attendant will try to accommodate if your neighbor is literally spilling into your space.

Did you at least thank him for the Snickers and Gatorade? And what's wrong with sweatpants?

Did you at least thank him for the Snickers and Gatorade? And what's wrong with sweatpants?

seriously? F traveling in style i want my balls to be comfortable if they have to be cramped in a tiny airplane seat

Sweatpants in public are wrong unless you're an athlete or dealing coke off speedboats.

how is that picture even possible? is he sitting on the armrest (b/c the aisle rests don't go up)?

no idea (and I believe that is Mark Mangino, former Kansas fball coach)

judge me if you want but sweatpants are bawse and i'll wear them in public whenever i want

how is that picture even possible? is he sitting on the armrest (b/c the aisle rests don't go up)?

even a tall guy shouldn't be THAT much above the seat back. i'm thinking he's sitting on the arm rest.

i mean, if you're under 25, fine, wear sweatpants. Over 25ish and not at a gym? you look like a loser.

Back