• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Geno Auriemma

tos

Reaction score
I have no trepidation about saying I'd just as soon watch paint dry as watch womens' basketball, regardless of the level. That said, what Auriemma's done as a coach is nothing short of amazing.

I don't have enough knowledge and understanding of basketball to know if the principles of the game are universal, or if the womens' game has certain nuances to it. That being said, should an AD ever consider him for a men's job, or did he simply find a niche, which has led to his success?

I don't think he'll ever leave UCONN. He's at the top of a decidedly uncompetitive sport and can basically stay as long as he wants. He could get exposed badly at the men's level.

I would argue that he already coaches men, but that's another topic for another day...

The women's game is just like the men's game. Whoever has the best players has a decided advantage. He certainly does know how to get the most out of them though.

And yes, Geno is a Class A jerk.

Listen to the BS report with JackO and Chad Millman for a good perspective on Geno. It posted a few days ago.

There are some differences though. Shorter 3 point line, smaller basketball, no 10 second backcourt violation, etc. That is why I have a hard time comparing women's records vs men's records. The game is different. They talk about Pat Summit breaking coaching records in all of basketball, but they should really say women's basketball. Men can't break women's records, but women can break men's records? Something is wrong here......... Either leave them together or apart.

He should probably know by now that calling out the fans and antagonizing them isn't the way to gain more fan support.

Back