• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I think your and Ramrod's numbers are silly low. 52 would be 20 under...that's a birdie on every hole and two eagles.

And that honestly does sound like a blast. I just texted Barrpet to see if he'd be interested/available.

What's the range of handicaps?

Somebody shot a 47 in a charity tournament I played in at Bermuda Run like two years ago. I still don't know how that happened.

1457547-bigthumbnail.jpg

Aight, I think I've got myself and two others for the final 3 spots if still available. Barrpet still has to check with the ball and chain tonight. I have one alternate as well that might take his spot if he can't.

Liquid Karma is checking as well, so we can stay in touch here to knock down the final 3.

Liquid Karma is checking as well, so we can stay in touch here to knock down the final 3.

I need to post some scores and get my handicap up to date. It's still based on last summer before I took 6 months off to heal a busted ankle.

Aight, I think I've got myself and two others for the final 3 spots if still available. Barrpet still has to check with the ball and chain tonight. I have one alternate as well that might take his spot if he can't.

Is Ian one of them? Don't let him get near the 18th hole with a match on the line. :couch:

Is Ian one of them? Don't let him get near the 18th hole with a match on the line. :couch:

Yeah.... Nerves are real for us weekend warriors.

Someone missed a 2 foot putt on 17 last year during the 2nd round of alternate shot to lose the match.

Didn't help that everyone had already finished their matches and was following around and watching him

I'm trying to think back to how much money I won last year. Think I pocketed $4 after 5 rounds LOL.

You assholes. How did I end up going on the wrong golf trip?

Sorry, guys. Barrpettoy's birthday is that weekend and apparently we may be doing a lake + pinehurst weekend instead. Sorry we couldn't make it work.

Sorry, guys. Barrpettoy's birthday is that weekend and apparently we may be doing a lake + pinehurst weekend instead. Sorry we couldn't make it work.

Well damn... Should be fun for y'all though!

Still need 3.

Dormie is exceptional.

You should check out Southern Pines GC, Mid Pines, and Pine Needles.

For my money, Mid Pines is the best course in most fun course in Pinehurst.

Not sure how much this has been discussed but I'm thinking about getting a new set of irons (mine now are passed down, 15 years old). I'm about a 13 or so handicap (try to break 85 when I go out) and don't play a ton but try to whenever I can. I've been looking at the Titleist AP1 irons, seem to be right for my skill level just wanted to see if anyone else plays those or something else similar. Also looking for recs on best place to buy them, if I should go used on ebay etc. or buy new from golf galaxy or something of the sort.

Thanks

We had a Titleist demo day at my club about a month ago, and I stopped by to hit the AP1. Tried them with both a steel and graphite shaft. I liked the steel shafts, but LOVED the graphite. Probably hit them about ten yards longer than my normal irons. I'm not looking to drop $1,000 on new irons right now, so that will have to wait. Go demo some--I'll bet you like them.

Not sure how much this has been discussed but I'm thinking about getting a new set of irons (mine now are passed down, 15 years old). I'm about a 13 or so handicap (try to break 85 when I go out) and don't play a ton but try to whenever I can. I've been looking at the Titleist AP1 irons, seem to be right for my skill level just wanted to see if anyone else plays those or something else similar. Also looking for recs on best place to buy them, if I should go used on ebay etc. or buy new from golf galaxy or something of the sort.

Thanks

I'm a little higher handicap than you and couldn't get the distance out of the AP1s that I got out of the Ping and Mizuno irons.

Back