• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Dormie is exceptional.

You should check out Southern Pines GC, Mid Pines, and Pine Needles.

For my money, Mid Pines is the best course in most fun course in Pinehurst.

I still somehow haven't played Mid Pines since they redid the course despite my brother in law working there. I always preferred Needles though.

Dormie Club from Mar 23 - May 17 is $215 to play.
But starting May 18th and through the summer, it's only $95.

Really hard to beat that $95 price (and $80 M - F).

Doing annual golf trip with a big group from Wake (16 of us) in Pinehurst later this month. 36 at Dormie on Friday. 27ish at CCNC on Saturday. Guy who organizes does an awesome job and makes it so you pay up front and everything is taken care of, minus drinks at the bars and then the bets. Always a great time.

Doing annual golf trip with a big group from Wake (16 of us) in Pinehurst later this month. 36 at Dormie on Friday. 27ish at CCNC on Saturday. Guy who organizes does an awesome job and makes it so you pay up front and everything is taken care of, minus drinks at the bars and then the bets. Always a great time.

Sounds awesome. I wish I had a group of friends who golfed that did a big trip like this that I got invited to.

Finally broke down and bought the lesson I've been saying I need for over a year. Shot 96 the round prior and played the same course to an 81 two days after. I was so happy I got the lesson and so furious I put it off as long as I did. High short and right is no way to play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCNC is my club. Stinks Dogwood won't be open for you yet but Cardinal is in awesome shape right now.

Doing this as well with a group of olds. Considered moving to Pinehurst, but we keep going back to the Myrtle area (Pawleys/Litchfield the past several years with one stop in Atlantic Beach). Easier for those flying in for one reason. Caledonia and True Blue are always on the rotation plus a third course.

Doing this as well with a group of olds. Considered moving to Pinehurst, but we keep going back to the Myrtle area (Pawleys/Litchfield the past several years with one stop in Atlantic Beach). Easier for those flying in for one reason. Caledonia and True Blue are always on the rotation plus a third course.

We did Myrtle two years ago, Asheville last year, and now Pinehurst. All have their pluses and minuses. Most of the group lives in Charlotte, so they like to stick to within driving distance (I am in DC).

I'd highly recommend the RTJ golf trail in Alabama. Tons of great courses throughout the state and can be done relatively inexpensively. One course there has an LPGA event and one course there has the event opposite the British Open.

I'd highly recommend the RTJ golf trail in Alabama. Tons of great courses throughout the state and can be done relatively inexpensively. One course there has an LPGA event and one course there has the event opposite the British Open.

Second this. Quality golf courses at a great price.

Myrtle has absurd value.

5 rounds of golf, 3 nights for $260 per person at Santee and Lake Marion. That' just hard to beat.

#humblebrag incoming, but I pulled some strings and got an M1 while the Taylormade truck was in Charlotte.

Just tested it today and fucking nuked everything.

Fantastic club

Indeed. Connection used to work with True Temper so he knows a lot of the guys on the trucks. They needed a spot to park the truck for a day so we helped them out. Payment for the parking spot

#humblebrag incoming, but I pulled some strings and got an M1 while the Taylormade truck was in Charlotte.

Just tested it today and fucking nuked everything.

Fantastic club

i was just out at TM headquarters..Could have gotten one for 40% off. But having never hit the M1 I just couldn't pull the trigger. Hopefully I won't regret it

i was just out at TM headquarters..Could have gotten one for 40% off. But having never hit the M1 I just couldn't pull the trigger. Hopefully I won't regret it

I was thinking that as well, but given that everything is so adjustable now, you can make it work.

I basically whiffed my first 2 swings and they went nowhere.

Shifted the weights around once and it was awesome.

You don't need to hit it farther dude. You need to hit the ball straighter and higher.

Back