• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I finally found some free time the last 2 weeks to practice my ass off. Put in 2 hours a day on the range/chipping/putting for 7 of the last 8 days. Game is back in shape.

I guess now would be the time to brag about the golf trip I pulled together for next July.

10 days in Scotland - 8 golfers
First 3 days in North Berwick, playing Gullane #1, 36 at Muirfield, North Berwick
Next 7 days in a rental house in St. Andrews and playing Carnoustie, Old Course, New Course, Jubilee, Castle. Got 2 open days baked in so guys can play Kingsbarns or anywhere else if they want.

Getting the Muirfield tee time was huge. We had to jump on it April 1st of this year for a July 2017 trip. We will be in country the week of the Open Championship which should lead to tons of drunken pub and gambling action.

Golf, lodging and local transportation is under $2500 since I booked it all myself. Only thing left is airfare and incidentals.

I guess now would be the time to brag about the golf trip I pulled together for next July.

First 3 days in North Berwick, playing Gullane #1, 36 at Muirfield, North Berwick
Next 7 days in a rental house in St. Andrews and playing Carnoustie, Old Course, New Course, Jubilee, Castle. Got 2 open days baked in so guys can play Kingsbarns or anywhere else if they want.

Getting the Muirfield tee time was huge. We had to jump on it April 1st of this year for a July 2017 trip. We will be in country the week of the Open Championship which should lead to tons of drunken pub and gambling action.

Golf, lodging and local transportation is under $2500 since I booked it all myself. Only thing left is airfare and incidentals.

That sounds like a damn good trip... Well done

That sounds like a damn good trip... Well done

Thanks. Took a couple months to pull the details together, and then sweating out the Muirfield tee time. Once that fell in, the dates of the trip were set. The St. A stuff is all still pending the tee time lottery in August, but from past experience there is zero worry about getting a tee time on the old course. I'm personally heading over a few days early with at lease one other guy to hit up Prestwick and Troon and see some distilleries. 2 week bender!

Welp, broke a couple of ribs playing basketball last week.

The rush is on to heal in time for Memorial Day Ryder Cup.

Should mostly be pain tolerance, so if I can physically swing I will be playing.

You don't need to hit it farther dude. You need to hit the ball straighter and higher.

I agree.

Still thinking about lessons with your boy. Just not playing much golf with the new job and the toddler

Sounds fun. 👍
Glad I'll be there

Welp, broke a couple of ribs playing basketball last week.

The rush is on to heal in time for Memorial Day Ryder Cup.

Should mostly be pain tolerance, so if I can physically swing I will be playing.

Get some good pain killers or muscle relaxers.

Did y'all get enough players?

I agree.

Still thinking about lessons with your boy. Just not playing much golf with the new job and the toddler

Here's the thing about lessons - they are just a band aid if you don't take the time to really work on what you've been shown. I had to go through playing like dog shit for the last 2 months before finally breaking through in the last couple weeks, and it's because I finally went and spent about 2 hours a day on the range for almost a week straight.

Castle course is a lot of fun but expensive as hell compared to most the courses I played in Scotland. I think a Palmer design is coming there in a few years so it will definitely be a destination.

I enjoyed North Berwick, Gullane was fine but I won't go back there. Only ones you mentioned I haven't played are Muirfield and Jubilee so I'm excited to hear your reviews.

Castle course is a lot of fun but expensive as hell compared to most the courses I played in Scotland. I think a Palmer design is coming there in a few years so it will definitely be a destination.

I think you're talking about Castle Stuart. The Castle Course is one of the 7 courses run by the St. Andrews Links Trust.

Here's the thing about lessons - they are just a band aid if you don't take the time to really work on what you've been shown. I had to go through playing like dog shit for the last 2 months before finally breaking through in the last couple weeks, and it's because I finally went and spent about 2 hours a day on the range for almost a week straight.
a couple of lessons can really help though if you're close on something and want to speed figuring out what's wrong and/or not practice wrong for hundreds of swings trying to work it out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think you're talking about Castle Stuart. The Castle Course is one of the 7 courses run by the St. Andrews Links Trust.

I definitely am. Now I'm getting Castle course and Kingsbarnes mixed up in my head, I'll look tomorrow and get them straight.

Have you ever been to Dornoch? My dad has a Ryder Cup style game with guys from there and CCNC (everyone ended up joining the other) and I went up last year. Supplanted Pine Valley as my favorite course in the world (by a fair margin I would say).

Best deals in winston so far this year? Preferably on courses in decent or better shape.

Looking like my June will involve three different Member-Guests. The other weekend will be at the beach. Summer is the best.

After a one year hiatus, my new team put together a great scramble round to win a spot at Pinehurst again. Very fired up.

Back