• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Building one in Charlotte. Odds are that it will be the best ever built !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it like a group thing or can you go solo and have fun? What goes on?

Definitely a group thing. You enter the players into the computer and then hit balls that have chips in them to sensored targets. Each shot is scored as to how many points it's worth based on where it landed in a target, of which there are about a half dozen at various distances. Food, full bar, and waitresses.

Really fun group outing.

Won the championship flight in our member guest. All six flights drop on 18 fairway at staggered yardages and play in combined score for an overall champion. Didn't make a double all weekend, made six on the playoff from 180. Partner made the only two. He went to Alabama, I went to Wake. Fitting.

It all depends on how much water the super uses on the course. Go play River Landing in Wallace (which was one of the first courses to switch to champ bermuda) and you can still leave big ball marks and it even feels a bit spongy. Most golfers like it hard and fast though, so most courses are going that route because it's cheaper to water less.

Planning to play River Landing in a couple of weeks. Anyone played it lately?

Anyone completely lose their game if their body changed at all? I've been on a health kick the past three months and have dropped about 15 pounds overall but added a good deal of muscle and my game has gone to complete shit. Was averaging about 75 every time out and around 285 on my drives and now I struggle to break 82/hit it 250. Just doesn't make sense.

Just got back from a little Florida swing golf trip mostly at Innisbrook. Played the following:

Copperhead Course (x2)
Island Course
Streamsong Red

Great trip overall but Holy Hell were those greens rough on me. Hit the ball well enough to shoot in the 70's, putted like i'd never picked up a club. Guy at Streamsong said they were running at least a 12 and I wasn't even remotely ready for that haha. Still an awesome trip.

Anyone completely lose their game if their body changed at all? I've been on a health kick the past three months and have dropped about 15 pounds overall but added a good deal of muscle and my game has gone to complete shit. Was averaging about 75 every time out and around 285 on my drives and now I struggle to break 82/hit it 250. Just doesn't make sense.

Going from 320 to 305 shouldn't affect your game that much. But, congrats on the weight loss fatty.

Stay out of the bunkers. Not in wonderful shape, but for 33 bucks...

Biggest problem with that course now. There are a gazillion of them, and they are in crappy condition with little decent sand. Not enough $ apparently to keep them up since the Senior PGA stopped coming. Twood should consider grassing over some of the greenside bunkers.

Biggest problem with that course now. There are a gazillion of them, and they are in crappy condition with little decent sand. Not enough $ apparently to keep them up since the Senior PGA stopped coming. Twood should consider grassing over some of the greenside bunkers.

At some point a golf dev company has to take a look at it, right?

Can't imagine it's making the city/county that much money.

I dropped 25 lbs last year to go from fatty to just fat then added it back on. It's all about flexibility IMO. Also, your swing could have changed a bit, if you have any video from before and after that could help you a lot.

Back