• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Found another deal to stay in a condo at Talamore, playing rounds at Dormie Club, #8, and one of #1, 3, or 5 that may do the trick. Definitely cheaper than staying at Pinehurst proper.

Found another deal to stay in a condo at Talamore, playing rounds at Dormie Club, #8, and one of #1, 3, or 5 that may do the trick. Definitely cheaper than staying at Pinehurst proper.

I would probably go with #5 if picking from those three.

Is #1 still pretty easy? It's extremely short IIRC. Played the tips when I was 13 or so and shot 75. I was probably around a 7 or 8 when that happened and remember the course being extremely short. Maybe I'm confusing the courses though.

Which one is the course that starts right near the putting green/clubhouse and has a tree in the middle of the fairway of the first hole?

I think #3 is the shortest, but #1 isn't known for being particularly long either. I normally play white tees, so moving back to blues would always be a possibility to lengthen things up a bit.

#1 has a bunch of holes where there is six yards of rough and then condos. A friend of mine was a cart girl at Pinehurst when we were in high school and she was told to only make one loop on #1, 3 and 5 after noon because they didn't want people getting drunk and laying waste to the condos with bad drives.

I think #3 is the shortest, but #1 isn't known for being particularly long either. I normally play white tees, so moving back to blues would always be a possibility to lengthen things up a bit.

Yeah whichever course it was maxed out at just over 6,000. I think I've played all the numbered courses except for 2 and 7 at Pinehurst - loved 4 and I think that was before the redesign for the US Am by Fazio? I think Doofus had an eagle at one of those too where he made it from the middle of the fairway on an uphill par four which I believe was the 9th.

Yeah whichever course it was maxed out at just over 6,000. I think I've played all the numbered courses except for 2 and 7 at Pinehurst - loved 4 and I think that was before the redesign for the US Am by Fazio? I think Doofus had an eagle at one of those too where he made it from the middle of the fairway on an uphill par four which I believe was the 9th.

Fuck you doofus

Off to Santee to play in a tropical storm with Doofus, Stonz, Cumby and others....

Pray for only rain and no lightning.....

happening.gif

Off to Santee to play in a tropical storm with Doofus, Stonz, Cumby and others....

Pray for only rain and no lightning.....
Enjoy. Hopefully you guys survive.

I'll be driving down to Pinehurst in a couple hours. Saturday golf looks nice but not looking great for Monday (or boating Sunday).

In the airport waiting for my connection to Michigan to play at treetops, we also have storms called for the weekend. Fuck you nature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had 79 at my club today. First time breaking 80 there--our member guest is next weekend, so getting the game in shape isn't a bad thing.

Anyone play pudding ridge lately? Couple of friends asking me to play there Saturday and wanted to see if it's in good shape.

Through two days of my home club's member guest. I'm playing at a 12 handicap and my partner is a 10. We're playing best ball and have posted 75 and 76 the past two days for a total of 151. We're in the 5th flight, in second place. The first place team, with handicaps of 10 and 9 have posted 73 and 65 for 138. The 65 is the second best score posted so far in the tournament in any flight. Trying to decide just how red my ass should be over this. Any thoughts?

We're re-flighting for the final round tomorrow. Also, winning the flight would have been worth about $800 for us based on the team buy in and Calcutta. Right now I'm pretty chapped about it.

Through two days of my home club's member guest. I'm playing at a 12 handicap and my partner is a 10. We're playing best ball and have posted 75 and 76 the past two days for a total of 151. We're in the 5th flight, in second place. The first place team, with handicaps of 10 and 9 have posted 73 and 65 for 138. The 65 is the second best score posted so far in the tournament in any flight. Trying to decide just how red my ass should be over this. Any thoughts?

We're re-flighting for the final round tomorrow. Also, winning the flight would have been worth about $800 for us based on the team buy in and Calcutta. Right now I'm pretty chapped about it.

Do you know the guys who are doing that to know if they are either playing their asses off or low-balling their handicaps? Either way those scores don't sound like they belong in any kind of fifth flight at a club.

Is that a net or gross best ball score? If net, I don't see anything wrong with it. If Gross, I only the 65 as a statistical outlier.

An update--the guy who is playing as a 9 is a member at my partner's club (he doesn't know him). We texted his pro about the 9 handicap and received a response of "that's bullshit."

Edited to add that he then sent a text that he's "easily a mid-to-high 70s player."

Last edited:
ugh, that sucks.

The responsibility should fall on your head pro to have verified that before the tourney started.

I looked the guy up on the GHIN website. Based on his index, he would be a 9 at our club. Hasn't posted a score since last November, though.

Back