• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

That's not what the USGA says.

You're right. You only need 5 to establish a handicap. Our club requires 10 scores posted in the calendar year to be eligible for the Member Guest, which is what was in my head when I typed that.

Sometimes I wish I had concentrated on golf in high school and gone on the PGA tour, that would be pretty cool. I like my current gig though

I know what you mean. It can't be that hard, right?

Well you see dudes like Weebbus who aren't very athletic but have just had top notch golf lessons all through life. Not a bad gig. Probably the one sport you can teach without too much athletic talent.

How good is "good back then".

Probably around +4 but never really gave it a go. Worked as a bus boy/ waiter /life guard just to play. No silver spoon. Made good buddy's with some members and beat the good ones when I tried. Also chicks and beer with the kitchen staff, so that was a distraction....

Probably around +4 but never really gave it a go. Worked as a bus boy/ waiter /life guard just to play. No silver spoon. Made good buddy's with some members and beat the good ones when I tried. Also chicks and beer with the kitchen staff, so that was a distraction....

So you were basically shooting -2 or -3 every round?

So you were basically shooting -2 or -3 every round?
So like, a very strong D1 caliber player. Right.

Back