• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Yeah being a municipal course it didn't scream major-quality conditions the way I'd envision playing a round at Augusta or something. But I could see how it'd be hard as shit from the tips with all that beach wind and the rough grown high. The cool experience for me was more due to the location and atmosphere. Since I'm a bad golfer now, course quality is way down on my list of what makes a round enjoyable.

Plus the round was free and came with all the Sculpin I chose to drink, so there was that too.

Oh and on one hole, I crushed a drive which was punctuated with a timely flyover by a fighter jet from the nearby navy base. So that was cool.

In Myrtle Beach with my folks for a week. Dad and both shoot around 90-95 on average. Planning on playing Eagle's Nest and River's Edge. Any advice on these courses, or better offerings? Dad is relatively cheap, fwiw.

Last edited:
In Myrtle Beach with my folks for a week. Dad and both shoot around 90-95 on average. Planning on playing Eagle's Nest and River's Edge. Any advice on these courses, or better offerings? Dad is relatively cheap, fwiw.

The Legends courses generally have some pretty good deals and are relatively cheap.

Oyster Bay in Calabash if they want a putt-putt experience on a golf course. I was down there a year or two ago

Visiting a friend in San Fran next month, just found out we're booked to play Harding Park while I'm there (hosting the 2020 PGA Champ.). Pretty stoked, anyone else played it before or heard much about it?

I've got a good weekend coming up: Thursday and Friday at Pine Valley then Saturday and Sunday at Merion. I think we're doing 36 on Friday and Saturday.

I've got a good weekend coming up: Thursday and Friday at Pine Valley then Saturday and Sunday at Merion. I think we're doing 36 on Friday and Saturday.

Can we be friends?

I've got a decent one. Driving to Atlanta Sunday evening to play East Lake and Peachtree Monday and Tuesday.

Can we be friends?

I've got a decent one. Driving to Atlanta Sunday evening to play East Lake and Peachtree Monday and Tuesday.

It is a group of eight that was down to seven this year due to injury so my dad got me to fill in. They dropped down to seven again a few days ago and it is hard for people with real world lives and jobs to commit that quickly so my unemployed friend gets to be the 8th.

It is a group of eight that was down to seven this year due to injury so my dad got me to fill in. They dropped down to seven again a few days ago and it is hard for people with real world lives and jobs to commit that quickly so my unemployed friend gets to be the 8th.

damn man lucky you... and thats probably the best unemployment benefit i've ever heard

Played in a tournament in High Point that I thought I was very well prepared for two months ago and shot 79-84 (I'm around a 3-5 HC)

Said fuck golf and haven't touched a club since

Played with a bachelor party this weekend in IOP, SC at Wild Dunes and was -2 thru 12 holes before a storm blew in and closed down the course. No rain check was given and we weren't allowed to come back and finish

Said fuck golf and wont touch a club for 2 more months

That storm was spectacular though. And the Ocean Course is pretty easy imo if that's the one you were playing.

Played in a tournament in High Point that I thought I was very well prepared for two months ago and shot 79-84 (I'm around a 3-5 HC)

Said fuck golf and haven't touched a club since

Played with a bachelor party this weekend in IOP, SC at Wild Dunes and was -2 thru 12 holes before a storm blew in and closed down the course. No rain check was given and we weren't allowed to come back and finish

Said fuck golf and wont touch a club for 2 more months

Damn, that's harsh. Did they say it was because you had already made the turn?

That storm was spectacular though. And the Ocean Course is pretty easy imo if that's the one you were playing.

It was wicked

Damn, that's harsh. Did they say it was because you had already made the turn?

Apparently their course policy is no rain checks after twelve. I came into the clubhouse saying "holy fuck do yall not have a siren or anything we were stuck on 13 with no warning", so they knew what hole we were on.

The storm went from absolutely nothing to cat 5 in a matter of 3 minutes

Back