• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Got an invite to play Elk River in Banner Elk on Saturday. Pretty jazzed about playing in mid 70s temps after the last few weeks of heat.

Playing tomorrow in a Jr/Am tournament as a part of the First Tee Par 3 National Championship. The course is a privately owned course called Kanawha where the conditions match up against just about any course I've ever seen.

I'll try to take some pictures and post them afterwards.

Got an invite to play Elk River in Banner Elk on Saturday. Pretty jazzed about playing in mid 70s temps after the last few weeks of heat.

They have been courting me to join there.
When your club has its own air strip it's out of my price range. But I'm still planning to play there a few times and enjoy the course. And yes, we have awesome weather here in the high country

Leaving in a few minutes for Knoxville. Playing in the Gettysvue Polo, Golf, and CC member guest..Should be a blast

It's in great shape. Grandfather, Elk, Diamond Creek are fantastic during the summer. Linville area got a shout out from Bob Ford.

He wants to play that area, scotland, martha's vineyard after he wraps up his duties at Oakmont.

When your club has its own air strip it's out of my price range. But I'm still planning to play there a few times and enjoy the course. And yes, we have awesome weather here in the high country

If you ever need a +1...just sayin'.

It's in great shape. Grandfather, Elk, Diamond Creek are fantastic during the summer. Linville area got a shout out from Bob Ford.

He wants to play that area, scotland, martha's vineyard after he wraps up his duties at Oakmont.

He should check out Roaring Gap while he's at it.

Playing tomorrow in a Jr/Am tournament as a part of the First Tee Par 3 National Championship. The course is a privately owned course called Kanawha where the conditions match up against just about any course I've ever seen.

I'll try to take some pictures and post them afterwards.

Is that right outside of Richmond? What is the deal with that place?

Well, it was originally the Beech Mountain airport used mainly by Carolina Caribbean's former 11 plane fleet before they went belly up and the airport was later sold to the folks at Elk River. But yes, it must be nice to have a private airport!

Combining business and golf on a trip to Seattle next month. I have a friend there who recently joined Aldarra, which he brags about all the time and looks really cool. Will also be playing Sahalee.

Is that right outside of Richmond? What is the deal with that place?

Yep. It's owned by a private Richmond family that is very involved with First Tee and thus the connection for the national tournament here each year.

It's a private course with a full driving range, 9 par 3 holes, and a practice facility. Believe they have about 60 members and are very selective with membership.

We just finished our Best 2 balls earlier and won it despite the rain and crazy wind to get some nice crystal hardware. I'll post some pictures later.

e7fcf38d3d4a19c5642c29e5f070e1bb.jpg
42885df06fbac8f0fa8f101aa13a5373.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just played a great round after no golf for about a year. Killed it after the first two warm ups. Hot as fuck though wooooow those last few hole were survival mode

Just got home after a day at Elk River. I have never played a golf course in more immaculate shape. Didn't see as much as a single blade of grass out of place. Lots of tight approach shots into greens. I played pretty well off the tee but needed more iron precision than I had today. Definitely worthy of its top ten ranking in the state.

Merion is really freaking difficult. The combination of rock hard greens and nasty rough allowed me to shoot 86 from 6300 yards and feel pretty good about it.

How to know when it's not your weekend?

I hit 3 hybrid to a 300 yard downhill driveable par-4. I've got 3 feet for eagle. Guy on the other team hits it to 20 feet and drains the putt. We chopped the hole in Eagle. When you can't win a hole you eagle, it's just not happening

Back