• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I just remember the first time I played Tobacco Road I had a pretty good bet going with a buddy. There was some par 5 that had a couple doglegs then went straight up a hill to some crazy green. He hit what looked like a perfect approach, I hit mine 30 yards over the green.

We get up there and my ball rolled down a rocky mountain-style hill to 3 feet. His caught some ridge 5 feet from the cup and rolled off the green and down a hill.

On most courses hitting a great shot is like having pocket aces... At Tobacco Road it's more like having pocket 8's. Still good, but you also have this nagging feeling it's probably not going to end well anyway.

Tobacco Road is also MUCH better the second time playing when you know where to take risks.

You're talking about hole 13 where the actual play is to hit it to the right, over the trees. You then take a ~550yd par 5 and approach the protected green from about 170 lying 2.

And if you're ever in Richmond area, I highly recommend playing Royal New Kent, another Strantz course. Nowhere near as 'gimmicky' as Tobacco Road but has a lot of similar risk-reward style holes. And after 2pm (or noon some parts of the year), only $35 to play with cart.

What are the odds I can fit a suitcase, backpack, small stroller, small carry-on bad and golf travel bag (i.e. golf bag in it) in the back of a GMC Terrain?

What are the odds I can fit a suitcase, backpack, small stroller, small carry-on bad and golf travel bag (i.e. golf bag in it) in the back of a GMC Terrain?

100%

IMG_5769.JPG

Yeah, I am liking my odds. Can't lay down any of the seats though as all will be occupied. I am thinking suitcase, carry-on and backpack across the floor, golf-bag diagonal on top of that and stroller on top of that. Boom.

I am playing one of the courses Ron Jaworksi owns up in NJ on Sunday and would prefer to have my own clubs since the guys I am playing with are all better than me, but don't want to make it more of a pain than it needs to be.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am liking my odds. Can't lay down any of the seats though as all will be occupied. I am thinking suitcase, carry-on and backpack across the floor, golf-bag diagonal on top of that and stroller on top of that. Boom.

Yes !

Self High Five !

secXzeM.gif

I am playing one of the courses Ron Jaworksi owns up in NJ on Sunday and would prefer to have my own clubs since the guys I am playing with are all better than me, but don't want to make it more of a pain than it needs to be.

Put the clubs in first, width-wise at the base of the seats. Take driver/fairway woods out to lay on top of stuff if they don't fit.

Why? You're just driving somewhere. No need for the big hard case cover.

Ah, that makes sense.

On the topic of travel cases, I can't recommend these enough:

club-glove-last-bag-travel.jpg

Anyone have any recommendations on push carts? Looking for a birthday present for my dad and he wants to keep walking.

Probably going to be used in pretty hilly areas and needs to be able to be folded up for transport.

Clic-gear, bag boy, I don't fuckin know

Anyone have any recommendations on push carts? Looking for a birthday present for my dad and he wants to keep walking.

Probably going to be used in pretty hilly areas and needs to be able to be folded up for transport.

Clic-gear, bag boy, I don't fuckin know

Clic-gear was confusing as hell the first couple of times I tried to unfold it - its like a Transformer. Once I got the hang of it I've been happy with it.

Clic-gear was confusing as hell the first couple of times I tried to unfold it - its like a Transformer. Once I got the hang of it I've been happy with it.

Second the Clic-gear. I use one every weekend. Yeah, it takes a couple of times to really get the hang of the transformation, but it folds up to about 24" x 18", so it is easy to transport and store. Plus it rolls real smooth and easy, and you can get a bunch of accessories for it. I have the sand bottle that clips on the side, and at least one guy in my group has the little seat that goes over a wheel.

I've got a great one RamRod---it's called the "man the fuck up and carry it on your shoulders" bag.

It's free, and American.

Back