• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Really liked Old South when I played it a few years ago - was it in decent shape? Headed to HHI in a few weeks.

The greens were a little ragged--the rye grass had died off and the Bermuda hadn't fully come in yet. By the time you're there they should be in good shape. The rest of the course was in fantastic shape. Never had a bad lie all day.

Really cool app just started up in Charlotte.

"ClubUp" is a caddie program through the First Tee. Caddies are kids in the First Tee to come to Carmel CC, Charlotte CC and Quail.

Awesome concept. Gonna use it for the first time this weekend. Think it's 40 bucks for a single and 60 for a double.

Really cool app just started up in Charlotte.

"ClubUp" is a caddie program through the First Tee. Caddies are kids in the First Tee to come to Carmel CC, Charlotte CC and Quail.

Awesome concept. Gonna use it for the first time this weekend. Think it's 40 bucks for a single and 60 for a double.

That is awesome.

Yeah my dad was a douche the first time he used it and made a kid do a double when the heat index was 95+, but really a win-win for everyone.

Heading down to Ocean Isle Saturday-Saturday. Any good deals floating around for the Myrtle Beach courses? We'll have a group of 4

Saw a groupon deal for 4 rounds, 4 buckets of ball at Brick Landing Plantation for 129.00. Anyone familiar enough with the course to give the thumbs up on that?

I used to caddy on the weekends at OTCC and it was 40.00 for a single and 70.00 for a double IIRC

Shanked a few next to Bill Haas on the range yesterday. He does not think the Deacs are going to have a good football season.

Heading down to Ocean Isle Saturday-Saturday. Any good deals floating around for the Myrtle Beach courses? We'll have a group of 4

Saw a groupon deal for 4 rounds, 4 buckets of ball at Brick Landing Plantation for 129.00. Anyone familiar enough with the course to give the thumbs up on that?

Anyone

I think they used to have a junior tournament at Brick Landing. But I could be wrong..that's pretty cheap. I'd do it

Only played Brick Landing once several years ago but I wasn't very impressed... But that is pretty cheap...

Looks like Dan Maples (son of Ellis Maples) and Amy Alcott (former LPGA star and works with Gil Hanse) are doing a renovation of Brick Landing. Not sure where they are in that process

Anybody in the Charlotte area have a recommendation on the best course between Firethorne, Piper Glen, and River Run? Any of them worth driving down from Winston to check out if the round was free?

Anybody in the Charlotte area have a recommendation on the best course between Firethorne, Piper Glen, and River Run? Any of them worth driving down from Winston to check out if the round was free?

I know Piper Glenn just got an influx of money with ClubCorp, but haven't played the other 2 in the last 5 years so no clue on condition.

River Run hosts one of the Web.com playoff events and is really damn hard, but I think it's fun to play. The final 4 holes are a ballbuster.

River Run hosts one of the Web.com playoff events and is really damn hard, but I think it's fun to play. The final 4 holes are a ballbuster.

They lost it after last year. My buddy is on the Web and River Run is his home course so he was really pumped about it being in the playoffs again, but 2 of the 4 playoff events are in Ohio now.

River Run is a good course and closest to Winston. I haven't played at Piper Glen in 15 years. Never played Firethorne, but have a buddy who's a member. I just never go that far south for any reason.

Back