• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

No, but I went to the 2008 Ryder Cup and it was freaking amazing. If you get a chance to go, do it.

No, but I went to the 2008 Ryder Cup and it was freaking amazing. If you get a chance to go, do it.

Same here....been to a lot of big sporting events in my life, and despite the limited golfers on the course and the huge crowds, that's still in my top-5 overall. Was really hoping Quail Hollow was going to get the 2024 event that went to Bethpage Black.

Participated today in First Tee's Longest Day of Golf event. 16 of us had the course to ourselves, playing from 8-4 pm.

Ended up playing 185 holes. 2.59 mins per hole. As expected, I am absolutely exhausted and sore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Participated today in First Tee's Longest Day of Golf event. 16 of us had the course to ourselves, playing from 8-4 pm.

Ended up playing 185 holes. 2.59 mins per hole. As expected, I am absolutely exhausted and sore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you shoot?

Max of double? Playing that many holes without a blowup would be really impressive.
No max but it's a VERY forgiving course. Slope of 105, par 66 with a lot of par 3s.

And I did take gimmes of inside the putter. Number of holes completed was far more the focus than actual score.

10 rounds of golf and only 12 birdies? I expect more of you dude!

Just kidding, great that you got in that many holes. Remind me again what the cause was?

10 rounds of golf and only 12 birdies? I expect more of you dude!

Just kidding, great that you got in that many holes. Remind me again what the cause was?

First Tee of Richmond and Chesterfield.

Been a volunteer there for a few years and recently joined their leadership advisory board.

In total we raised around $30k

So I went with the JPX-900s. It was only 1/2" extra length not the 1" like I thought. I bought 4-AW, so hopefully the wedge issue won't be a big deal since I have the PW and AW through the set. I have a 56 degree Callaway MD3 that I love for sand and short stuff. Hopefully, there isn't a huge gap between the AW and the Callaway. I hit my Taylormade 6 iron about 150, but I was hitting the JPX about 170-180 and it felt great through contact. I hope I made the right decision.

Those M2s also look great. All I can say is that buying irons is kind of stressful. There is so much great new technology out there if you haven't purchased new irons recently.

Update: bought the clubs through Golfsmith on 9/10. Never received any notifications about shipping. Called Golfsmith who basically said they couldn't tell me when clubs would be delivered due to reorganization. Called Mizuno who said all orders for Golfsmith are on hold because they hadn't paid (WTF). Cancelled Golfsmith order and called a local club who ordered for me and said they would have them in a week. 😩😒😁

Update: bought the clubs through Golfsmith on 9/10. Never received any notifications about shipping. Called Golfsmith who basically said they couldn't tell me when clubs would be delivered due to reorganization. Called Mizuno who said all orders for Golfsmith are on hold because they hadn't paid (WTF). Cancelled Golfsmith order and called a local club who ordered for me and said they would have them in a week. ������

Dang, glad you were able to get it resolved.

Scott Harvey had a disastrous final few holes. I was following along on twitter and pulling for him since he's a local guy, but a few of his tweets made me reconsider once I stumbled across his twitter and verified it was his.

New sticks just came in.

Taylormade PSI Project X Rifle 6.0.

And of course I'm out of town for 4 days starting tomorrow....

Scott Harvey had a disastrous final few holes. I was following along on twitter and pulling for him since he's a local guy, but a few of his tweets made me reconsider once I stumbled across his twitter and verified it was his.

He might be the most humble guy I've ever met among the elite golfer set. If you ever met him in person I have no doubt you wouldn't base your opinion of him on a bunch of political tweets.

He didn't really have a disaster of a finish. He played fine and got beat buy a guy who birdied 5 of the last 6 holes, including the sudden death playoff hole which was a 240 yard par 3 with water left.

Back