• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Any recommendations for courses in Raleigh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lonnie Pool is probably the best public, but it gets really busy and can back up. Washington Duke in Durham is good too or Finley in CH.

Not very many good publics in Raleigh. 1

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm assuming Raleigh golf association is not worth playing?

Not really. I play there a fair amount because it's cheap, but it's a goat track.

Lots of greens in rough shape in the Triangle.

If you are gonna be willing to drive go play tobacco road.

Played a round using my father in law's ap1s. I may have a new purchase in my near future

Not really. I play there a fair amount because it's cheap, but it's a goat track.

Lots of greens in rough shape in the Triangle.

If you are gonna be willing to drive go play tobacco road.

Love me some Tobacco Road but a bit far for tomorrow. We've got a tee time set for the Washington Duke.

Love me some Tobacco Road but a bit far for tomorrow. We've got a tee time set for the Washington Duke.

Course should be in great shape. They just hosted the Rod Myers Invitational two weekends ago, and the greens were extremely fast.

Tobacco Road is stoopid. (Bad stoopid, not good stoopid)

Really? I have been hearing some good things about it. Have a guy's trip planned for Pinehurst. Courses I have to play are Tobacco Road, Dormie Club, Pine Needles and Mid Pines. We are also playing Country Club of NC. I heard TR was a good change of pace from the others.

Really? I have been hearing some good things about it. Have a guy's trip planned for Pinehurst. Courses I have to play are Tobacco Road, Dormie Club, Pine Needles and Mid Pines. We are also playing Country Club of NC. I heard TR was a good change of pace from the others.
I'm a huge Tobacco Road fan but you'll definitely have some people that don't like it. Mainly, people who played poorly there and then get angry at its gimmicky nature.

Lots of blind shots. Some approaches where you can't see the green or flag. But lots of risk - reward like all Strantz courses.

I also strongly believe that playing it the second time or with someone who has played it before makes a big difference.

I haven't played a course that was in such great condition as WaDuke was today in a long time.

Even with the fog and humidity, the greens were still quite fast. Took a while to get the hang of the speed combined with the strong breaks but after that, turned in a pretty decent round. Wasn't a huge fan of the inability to take driver out of the bag on the first few holes but that wasn't a problem much after the early holes.

Appreciate the recommendations.

I haven't played a course that was in such great condition as WaDuke was today in a long time.

Even with the fog and humidity, the greens were still quite fast. Took a while to get the hang of the speed combined with the strong breaks but after that, turned in a pretty decent round. Wasn't a huge fan of the inability to take driver out of the bag on the first few holes but that wasn't a problem much after the early holes.

Appreciate the recommendations.

Glad you enjoyed it - WaDuke is almost always in great shape. Best part of getting a degree there was the student rate.

Played at Bayside (a Nicklaus course in DE) this weekend. Paired up with this guy www.tophundredgolf.com. He has played the top 100 public courses in the country and wrote a book about it. Really interesting great guy. For golf trips, he swore that there was no better value than the Kohler, Wisconsin courses. Golf is the best for meeting interesting people.

Back