• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Old%2520Course%25203.png

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/st...e-covered-in-snow-and-the-photos-are-dazzling

Just wanted to say that weekday golf is GREAT! I retired a few weeks ago and am walking the course every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. My club doesn’t allow walking on the weekend so this has been really nice. I bought a new Sun Mountain carry bag and am really enjoying using it.

Yeah, I've got a Sun Mountain 2.5 and really like it. If I really wanted to keep it light I could clean out the extra balls.

Taking a few friends down to Pinehurst this weekend. When I checked the temps for Friday/Saturday yesterday it was high 60s and now i'm seeing low to mid 50s. What a 24 hour downgrade that is.

Taking a few friends down to Pinehurst this weekend. When I checked the temps for Friday/Saturday yesterday it was high 60s and now i'm seeing low to mid 50s. What a 24 hour downgrade that is.

No kidding, I want my spring back here in NC....January snow is nice, March 12th snow is not. Lost out on two rounds down in the Pinehurst area in the past 10 days due to this crappy weather.

Have fun. I loved playing CCNC while I was down there. Great track.

First round in ~ 4 months on Saturday at Maple Chase.
Only one shank on the course. About ten on the range.
warmed up in the sleet but the day got much warmer from there.
Came in with a cool 90. Looking to increase the handicap for member guest season :)

First round in ~ 4 months on Saturday at Maple Chase.
Only one shank on the course. About ten on the range.
warmed up in the sleet but the day got much warmer from there.
Came in with a cool 90. Looking to increase the handicap for member guest season :)

You sandbagging sonofa...

how's it going partner?

LK - I sent you a pm with some questions about Scotland - if you get a chance....

Another question for those that have been - is it worth $300 to replace a round at the new course at St. Andrews with a round at Kingsbarns?
Also, is it worth $1200 to guarantee a round at the Old Course as opposed to going into the lottery for a round?

Anyone have any experience with Edel putters? I'm thinking about getting a fitting and possibly a new putter. I've heard good things about the fitting and wanted to see if anyone else has gone through it.

LK - I sent you a pm with some questions about Scotland - if you get a chance....

Another question for those that have been - is it worth $300 to replace a round at the new course at St. Andrews with a round at Kingsbarns?
Also, is it worth $1200 to guarantee a round at the Old Course as opposed to going into the lottery for a round?

$1200?? That's insane though I must admit, I get it. Wouldn't pay it, but get it.
Which begs the question, what's the most amount of $$ would you pay for a round of golf? I think I reached my limit playing Pebble last year.

$1200?? That's insane though I must admit, I get it. Wouldn't pay it, but get it.
Which begs the question, what's the most amount of $$ would you pay for a round of golf? I think I reached my limit playing Pebble last year.

Pebble is likewise the most I’ve spent.

However, if given the opportunity to play Augusta, I’d probably pay a bit more.

I think I’d definitely pay $1500. $2500 would be tough but maybe that’s the most?

Pebble is likewise the most I’ve spent.

However, if given the opportunity to play Augusta, I’d probably pay a bit more.

I think I’d definitely pay $1500. $2500 would be tough but maybe that’s the most?

The more I think about it. If given the opportunity for a trip to Europe or to play Augusta, which would I choose? Probably Augusta. That $2500 number is likely low.

I guess; I live 30 minutes from Augusta and if someone called me to play it tomorrow, Cha Ching, $2500 I’m in.
But it’s the only Course in the World I would cough up that much for.

St Andrews, then Pine Valley only other, maybe $1000 each. After that, I’m back to reality.

I guess; I live 30 minutes from Augusta and if someone called me to play it tomorrow, Cha Ching, $2500 I’m in.

St Andrews, then Pine Valley only other, maybe $1000 each. After that, I’m back to reality.

Cypress or Seminole? I’d drop $1k on those courses easy.

No need to pay $1000 to play St. Andrews, it’s a public golf course. Book a tee time and pay about $250 during the summer months.

No need to pay $1000 to play St. Andrews, it’s a public golf course. Book a tee time and pay about $250 during the summer months.

Totally agree
We had no guaranted time in our group and we all played it easily. Some guys more than once. Some won the daily lottery and others just got there at four in the morning. Only downside is you won't play with only your crew. I played with @Sleepy and an English guy and his wife.

Totally agree
We had no guaranted time in our group and we all played it easily. Some guys more than once. Some won the daily lottery and others just got there at four in the morning. Only downside is you won't play with only your crew. I played with @Sleepy and an English guy and his wife.

The first time I played the Old Course, I was in Scotland with just one friend. We went down to the starter’s shack at 3am and were second in line. We were put in with a twosome who turned out to be American, a guy and his 19 year old son. The kid was a student at Wake and was a PIKA, as am I.

Small world.

Back