• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Heading to Scottsdale, AZ next week, should I be using shipsticks? Just checking my bag with the airline seems a whole lot cheaper.

Just stick to places that Southwest flies to...

Got fitted for the M3 last week, letting the sticker shock wear off before pulling the trigger

Wife got me this for my birthday (after I picked it out).

bb39_20bottom.jpeg

where was your fitting?

I am thinking about a new driver/three wood. The TM M3/4 seems legit

Golf Galaxy. Not worth it, tbh. I hit the Rogue, G400, and M3. Data says I hit the M3 the best but U really want to get them on a range before making a final purchase.

Golf Galaxy. Not worth it, tbh. I hit the Rogue, G400, and M3. Data says I hit the M3 the best but U really want to get them on a range before making a final purchase.

Definitely good option to go hit at some place like a Golf Galaxy where they don't really care which brand you go with and then try it on the range so you can actually see the flight instead of just a screen.

When getting fit by a pro at a club shop, it always seems like they try to push their own brand and you might not get the full treatment on Rogue if he's a Taylormade guy.

You will get nothing and like it!

Actually I just ordered a bunch of Titleist ProVs with pink numbers and my initials so I'll give you one of those.

So thoughtful, was hoping you told her I play lefty when buying my putter.

Speaking of personalized golf balls - someone gave a dozen balls to a friend of mine that had a print of his face on the side and said "If found please return to (friend) for a free beer" Thought that was pretty clever

Aside from not getting a birthday present from the timdunk family -

Anyone ever have a difference in feel caused by having the wrong shaft (i'm talking about golf - get your heads out of the gutters)

I got new irons back in the fall and after demoing them and they felt great, they felt like shit when I got my set especially at impact. Irons were initially too long (and felt heavy) so had them cut down and they felt like a better weight. After hitting them more, I'm pretty sure the wrong shaft was ordered since I'm getting no distance on the clubs and the launch seems really high. I've hit my old irons next to it and they feel so much better when making contact and with the trajectory. I tried the demo version of my new irons with a different shaft the other day and the launch was lower then rose up higher than my old set (as expected) but the trajectory seemed to give more distance (grass is still dormant so couldn't see exactly where they landed). I'm getting on trackman tomorrow to compare the different shafts with my set, but couldn't believe how much better the feel was at impact with the demo shafts yesterday. Can the shaft really impact the feel off the club face or could there be something wrong with the club heads as compared to the demo?

Aside from not getting a birthday present from the timdunk family -

Anyone ever have a difference in feel caused by having the wrong shaft (i'm talking about golf - get your heads out of the gutters)

I got new irons back in the fall and after demoing them and they felt great, they felt like shit when I got my set especially at impact. Irons were initially too long (and felt heavy) so had them cut down and they felt like a better weight. After hitting them more, I'm pretty sure the wrong shaft was ordered since I'm getting no distance on the clubs and the launch seems really high. I've hit my old irons next to it and they feel so much better when making contact and with the trajectory. I tried the demo version of my new irons with a different shaft the other day and the launch was lower then rose up higher than my old set (as expected) but the trajectory seemed to give more distance (grass is still dormant so couldn't see exactly where they landed). I'm getting on trackman tomorrow to compare the different shafts with my set, but couldn't believe how much better the feel was at impact with the demo shafts yesterday. Can the shaft really impact the feel off the club face or could there be something wrong with the club heads as compared to the demo?

Shafts make a huge difference when it comes to swing speed, torque, etc., so it could certainly be a huge factor. A lot of people say getting the right shaft is significantly more important than club head (especially for lower handicappers).

Shafts make a huge difference when it comes to swing speed, torque, etc., so it could certainly be a huge factor. A lot of people say getting the right shaft is significantly more important than club head (especially for lower handicappers).

Trackman and 5 different shafts later and it’s just my shitty swing. I’m too steep and causing inconsistent contact (the bad feel) and a lot of spin

You will get nothing and like it!

Actually I just ordered a bunch of Titleist ProVs with pink numbers and my initials so I'll give you one of those.

I bought a bunch of personalized balls several years ago. One day one of my friends handed one to me on the range and said, “How the fuck did you hit it in my backyard?”

I can attest that the M3, when dialed in properly, is fantastic. Ball just seems to hang in the air forever and bores right through the wind.

My swing speed averages 113 with the big stick over a 30 ball set. The guy at GG swears I need an XS shaft, but my good friend says he has same swing speed, got fitted for an XS shaft, and couldn't get it 10 feet off the ground, leading to him selling his newly fit driver after 2 round of play. Any experience being right on that S/XS line and which direction you went with?

Back