• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

A little local golf news - Reynolds Park's greens are being resurfaced with Diamond Zoysia. The back nine is being done this week and the front nine will be done when the back nine is reopened for play.

I'm jealous that most of the area courses are getting newer greens lately. Starmount, Sedgefield, Bermuda Run, Reynolds Park, Wilshire either have, or are getting new greens. Based on how the project goes at Reynolds Park, the county will likely redo the greens at Tanglewood in the very near future as well.

If your course hasn't made the switch, or isn't planning to make the switch, they are being left behind and it will hurt them in coming years.

Any discounts for play during the transition? I am always looking for a chance to get some cheap practice.

Any discounts for play during the transition? I am always looking for a chance to get some cheap practice.

Not sure. I suspect they will have something going for a 9 hole rate.

My club, Pine Brook, needs to recognize that every other area course is seeing or has seen some sort of update in the last decade and we are going to be left behind if we don't get on board soon.

My club, Pine Brook, needs to recognize that every other area course is seeing or has seen some sort of update in the last decade and we are going to be left behind if we don't get on board soon.

I hope to play Pinebrook about 5-6 times between now and 7/1. I have 3 Groupons and 2 buy one get one coupons that expire at the end of June. I have never played there. Every time I have plans to, the weather creeps up on me.

I hope to play Pinebrook about 5-6 times between now and 7/1. I have 3 Groupons and 2 buy one get one coupons that expire at the end of June. I have never played there. Every time I have plans to, the weather creeps up on me.

Depending on the time you come out and play I can probably join you. Hold off for about 2 more weeks. The greens are still healing from being punched. Otherwise the course is in the best shape we've seen in April in half a decade. The same is true for almost every course in the area. The weather has been perfect.

Also, the course will be in the best shape possible the first week in June.

Anyone have and advice on courses near North Topsail? Going to be down there in a couple weeks and might try to sneak out for a round.

VT what,

Have you tried playing Stonehenge? Most people on the course were walking and I think that's definitely something I'm looking for when getting a membership. It's also ClubCorp which allows me to walk any of their other 100+ clubs twice a month for free (or pay cart fees).

Send me a PM if necessary but where are you currently a member at or do you just have some other kind of hook-up?

Depending on the time you come out and play I can probably join you. Hold off for about 2 more weeks. The greens are still healing from being punched. Otherwise the course is in the best shape we've seen in April in half a decade. The same is true for almost every course in the area. The weather has been perfect.

Also, the course will be in the best shape possible the first week in June.
Is that actually going to happen this year? ;) Just teasing, I know Matt's looking forward to it.

Is that actually going to happen this year? ;) Just teasing, I know Matt's looking forward to it.

At this point I think Matt would be glad to play a weekend of golf on pavement spray painted green. ;)

VT what,

Have you tried playing Stonehenge? Most people on the course were walking and I think that's definitely something I'm looking for when getting a membership. It's also ClubCorp which allows me to walk any of their other 100+ clubs twice a month for free (or pay cart fees).

Send me a PM if necessary but where are you currently a member at or do you just have some other kind of hook-up?

I have not. I talked a little bit about my set up in RIC a few posts back (#245).

If Karma is a thing, I won't be breaking 100 today.

I had discussed doing an early dinner with the fiance but it completely slipped my mind when I made the tee-time.

Naturally, I called her boss & invited him to join. Go figure... somehow she has a lot more work to do this afternoon and I'll likely beat her home tonight.

images

Is Pine Brook the club across from Hanes Mill rd.? I drive by it every day and have wanted to play it since I was a kid I just never have.

VT what,

I lived on the 17th fairway growing up, it's a pretty walkable course. There are some hills here and there, but nothing huge, and there's never much space between holes. It's been a long time since I played there, but I do recall it being in good shape every time I played there, FWIW (this was from maybe 1995 to 2001).

Is Pine Brook the club across from Hanes Mill rd.? I drive by it every day and have wanted to play it since I was a kid I just never have.

Yep. Great layout. Used to be fully private and is now open for outside play (going on 4+ years now). Good deals to be had on GolfNow. Come on out and play.

I used to drive the ball 320 and shoot around 76-80 when I played on the golf team in school. Since then and my getting away from the game I have gotten terrible last year I was shooting around low 80's now I am in the mid 90's to 100, but I have only been 4 times this year I a reduce my score every time I go. I just need the practice, but often have to go by myself because everyone schedule is so mixed up and I hate playing by myself.

I used to drive the ball 320 and shoot around 76-80 when I played on the golf team in school. Since then and my getting away from the game I have gotten terrible last year I was shooting around low 80's now I am in the mid 90's to 100, but I have only been 4 times this year I a reduce my score every time I go. I just need the practice, but often have to go by myself because everyone schedule is so mixed up and I hate playing by myself.

If anyone doesn't mind a high handicapper tagging along, I am always open to play a muni round on weekends.

Might start walking 9 on weekday evenings. Does RP have a 9 hole rate?

Holly Sonders is an absolute smokeshow. I need to start DVRing School of Golf.

Wow. Spring Creek was incredible.

I'll post more on it later, but I owe Tin Cup some major Pos-Rep for that recommendation.

Back