• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Getting a tee time has become difficult with everyone not having anything to do. Families are all playing golf to get out of the house together. This shit can't last much longer.

You may have to muni it up for a round or two.

You may have to muni it up for a round or two.

source.gif

Getting a tee time has become difficult with everyone not having anything to do. Families are all playing golf to get out of the house together. This shit can't last much longer.

And they’re bringing out all the Spauldings who haven’t swung a club in 10 years, so they’re taking forever. Brutal.

Playing Old Beau for the first time Tuesday. Anyone ever been?

Anybody got a simulator at home? I've been doing on-and-off research on how to build one/what's needed.

I’ve got a SkyTrak. I love it.

Impact screen, projector, etc? Or just the Skytrak and a net? I'd LOVE to put in a decent setup with a net and projected screen and whatnot, but obviously it isn't particularly cheap.

My golf game has been an absolute disaster so far this year. Went from a 0.4 handicap to now a 2.5. Still trending upwards lol. Although I generally play trash in the spring due to the damn pollen, but this has been incredibly bad. I guess par for the course these days in 2020. Damn you 2020.

Impact screen, projector, etc? Or just the Skytrak and a net? I'd LOVE to put in a decent setup with a net and projected screen and whatnot, but obviously it isn't particularly cheap.

Impact screen and projector. Rainorshinegolf.com was where I ended up getting everything, except the projector, which I was able to find much cheaper elsewhere.

I haven’t had much luck getting SkyTrak to work consistently outside, so if that is important to you, I’d look at other options.

Turning 40 in the fall, just booked a weekend in Pinehurst. Definitely playing #2. Very excited.

Turning 40 in the fall, just booked a weekend in Pinehurst. Definitely playing #2. Very excited.

Cool man. Playing for the first time myself this year too. Headed down with a group of 8 bros in mid-July. Playing Mid-Pines, 2, 4, 8, 9 and Forest Creek.

I’ve said it before but if anyone wants to play CCNC while they are in Pinehurst let me know and I’ll set it up. Two great courses, we’re hosting the USGA Junior Am in 2021.

Going to play Oitavos Dunes in Cascais in late July. Ranked 21st best course in the EU, right on the ocean, should be a good time.

But this leads me to a conversation I was having on the course this weekend. In Portugal, things are normally cheaper than in the US, except for a round of golf. Most of the courses around me are roughly a 100 euros, there are two within a half hour drive that are 50 bucks a piece, which I tend to play, but most are 100 and up. I don't mind paying 50-60 bucks for a round, but if I'm paying 100 or more per round, I expect a really nice course, which most of these aren't.

My question is, for your average course, what would you be ok paying per round? Like a normal weekend course, not a once and a lifetime trip and not the the local munie, but your normal 18 hole course.

Cool man. Playing for the first time myself this year too. Headed down with a group of 8 bros in mid-July. Playing Mid-Pines, 2, 4, 8, 9 and Forest Creek.

Nice. How's your game been this season? IIRC you were tearing it up last year.

Going to play Oitavos Dunes in Cascais in late July. Ranked 21st best course in the EU, right on the ocean, should be a good time.

But this leads me to a conversation I was having on the course this weekend. In Portugal, things are normally cheaper than in the US, except for a round of golf. Most of the courses around me are roughly a 100 euros, there are two within a half hour drive that are 50 bucks a piece, which I tend to play, but most are 100 and up. I don't mind paying 50-60 bucks for a round, but if I'm paying 100 or more per round, I expect a really nice course, which most of these aren't.

My question is, for your average course, what would you be ok paying per round? Like a normal weekend course, not a once and a lifetime trip and not the the local munie, but your normal 18 hole course.

$90-100. Golf is expensive. $50-$60 are muni prices.

Nice. How's your game been this season? IIRC you were tearing it up last year.

Thanks for asking. So, I started last year as a 19 and made it down to a 14. I'm still a 14 now, but working on getting lower. The new cap system is crazy. I went down to a 13.5, then jumped to a 14.8. I posted a career best for me on our championship course (85) a couple of weeks ago which I was proud of. I am by no means a good golfer, but it feels great to improve. My goal is single digits which I am reasonably sure I can do. Trying to play twice a week.

How are you playing? I watched No Laying Up's Youtube video on their visit to No. 2 and it's no joke. I want to have my game in form before I head down.

My back is wack. I'm suppoesed to play in a dogfight Saturday and I think I'm going to need 6 Advil before I even tee off.

Nah. You can play a halfway decent course in the Charlotte area for $60. The problem is it's just in the area so it's a pain in the ass if you live in Charlotte and want to play golf at a public course. The only decent public course in South Charlotte is the Ballantyne resort course for about $80, and it's about to be redeveloped. And that wasn't terribly convenient for a lot of people in the first place.

$90-100. Golf is expensive. $50-$60 are muni prices.

Thanks for asking. So, I started last year as a 19 and made it down to a 14. I'm still a 14 now, but working on getting lower. The new cap system is crazy. I went down to a 13.5, then jumped to a 14.8. I posted a career best for me on our championship course (85) a couple of weeks ago which I was proud of. I am by no means a good golfer, but it feels great to improve. My goal is single digits which I am reasonably sure I can do. Trying to play twice a week.

How are you playing? I watched No Laying Up's Youtube video on their visit to No. 2 and it's no joke. I want to have my game in form before I head down.

It's such a good feeling watching the index go down. I started the year at almost 18 and am down to the 16 range, goal is under 14 by year-end and under 10 eventually. Lessons have helped although definitely experiencing the normal growing pains with making swing adjustments and still going out and playing. Just need to start putting it all together in one round. Had fun few weeks of the shanks but look to be past that.

I watched that No Laying Up video yesterday. Looks like a tough but fun track. I'm pumped. We got tee times for #4 and #2, with one day still wide open.

Back