• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

This is what Spring Creek looked like today:

cw7Vp.jpg

$25. $25 frickin' dollars

i love reynolds park, but it just gets so crowded on the weekends. i had a 3+ hour front nine last time i played out there and just opted to go get drunk rather than finish. there is a light skinned black dude that hangs out there a lot and can really play. he swears that he started the back nine eagle, eagle, eagle (hole in one). i find it tough to believe, but i guess it is possible.

they are quality holes, but 6 and 13 can eat a bag of dicks. i can never hit the right drive on those.

I think 6 is really easy, it's just a straight uphill par 4 right?

I think the drive on 3 and 7 are tough because I naturally hit a fade. Conversely 8 is pretty easy for me just because of the way it looks to my eye I guess.

i love reynolds park, but it just gets so crowded on the weekends. i had a 3+ hour front nine last time i played out there and just opted to go get drunk rather than finish. there is a light skinned black dude that hangs out there a lot and can really play. he swears that he started the back nine eagle, eagle, eagle (hole in one). i find it tough to believe, but i guess it is possible.

they are quality holes, but 6 and 13 can eat a bag of dicks. i can never hit the right drive on those.

That sounds like Booster. We let him join our group one day. He wanted to gamble a little, but we didn't want any part of that. Apparently he is a regular at RP.

I haven't played RP in 3 years when is the whole course going to be up and running again?

The Med School Golf Tournament is at RP on 6/16, and that is supposed to be the first tournamen its fully functional. So my guess would be sometime earlier that week.

Changing the subject a bit here, but I am REALLY fired up about the way I'm hitting my new driver. I hadn't bought a driver in four or five years and have been playing a Cleveland Launcher that is now a couple of generations old. I recently bought the new TaylorMade RBZ and love it! I'm not only hitting the absolute dog shit out of it, but I'm hitting more fairways as well.

Anyone have and advice on courses near North Topsail? Going to be down there in a couple weeks and might try to sneak out for a round.

North Shore is pretty sweet up that way. Also, Belvedere & Castle Bay down south a little in Hampstead aren't bad courses.

Thoughts on wedge shafts? Same as your iron set?

Thoughts on wedge shafts? Same as your iron set?

Only if your iron shafts are steel & stiff.

The way i figure it, 80-90% of the shots you're going to play with a 52*-60* wedge aren't going to be full-swings (going for max distance, which is what less stiff shafts are made for).

I feel like the inverse of that is true for clubs 3-PW.

For my game at least, I've always liked to have my wedges as solid & as consistent as possible and have never really been concerned about the distance I'm putting on them.

I think 6 is really easy, it's just a straight uphill par 4 right?

I think the drive on 3 and 7 are tough because I naturally hit a fade. Conversely 8 is pretty easy for me just because of the way it looks to my eye I guess.

Edit. ..you are right. 7 is the one I wad talking about.

Last edited:
That sounds like Booster. We let him join our group one day. He wanted to gamble a little, but we didn't want any part of that. Apparently he is a regular at RP.

That is him. He tried to get me to gamble every time I saw him.

I believe you are thinking of #5. #6 is the one that runs parallel to #3. Bailout area to right before big hill that slopes down and left to the creek. You can hit fade on #7 if you get it over the tree at the cart path.

5 is a straight downhill par 3. 6 runs uphill with a fence on the left and 7 is a dogleg left with the creek in front of the green.

Only if your iron shafts are steel & stiff.

The way i figure it, 80-90% of the shots you're going to play with a 52*-60* wedge aren't going to be full-swings (going for max distance, which is what less stiff shafts are made for).

I feel like the inverse of that is true for clubs 3-PW.

For my game at least, I've always liked to have my wedges as solid & as consistent as possible and have never really been concerned about the distance I'm putting on them.

I recently got fitted for some mizuno irons and they put me in the dynalite gold xp x100 shafts, so they are definitely steel and (extra) stiff. I'm in the market for a 54 or 55 degree with 10ish degrees of bounce and a 60 with 6. Not sure if I should just try and match those shafts exactly or get something a little bit softer since i'll be hitting a lot fewer full shots with those two wedges.

Damn you are fast . I was just editing my post. I was thinking the par 5 was #3, not #4.

5 is a straight downhill par 3. 6 runs uphill with a fence on the left and 7 is a dogleg left with the creek in front of the green.

Well the fence is on the right, but oh well. I've pushed a couple drives over it before.

Back