• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

We're all set.

Word of warning: our third looks a lot like Name Redacted.

It's not him. I promise.

Also: I recommend the wings for lunch & I hope you'll try to give yourself enough time to enjoy the practice areas.

It's a treat. I've never had more than ~2 people around when I've escaped down to the short-game area. They take great care of it, these days.

Last edited:
Ya'll have fun. I always enjoy the club and the people at the Chase when I get back to Winston to play there. I'm a big fan of the staff- Paul, Chowder, and Kmart.

Finally starting to make some 10-15 footers, left hand low seemed too awkward so I tried interlocking more fingers to avoid too much wrist action

Thanks for adding Shorty. I’ll PM you with my actual name, and yes, I would love to join you two. I’ll let the pro shop know I have a game and I’ll look forward to meeting you on Wednesday. Will you be walking or riding?

I may be able to sneak over and play that afternoon if yall want a 4th.

No masks yesterday at Quail, FWIW. Rory hit into the crowd next to #8 green and they asked us to mask up for his chip shot but that was it. Awesome weather.

SYo3Oel.jpg

We're all set.

Word of warning: our third looks a lot like Name Redacted.

It's not him. I promise.

Also: I recommend the wings for lunch & I hope you'll try to give yourself enough time to enjoy the practice areas.

It's a treat. I've never had more than ~2 people around when I've escaped down to the short-game area. They take great care of it, these days.

Hey guys, I’m going to have to ask for a rain check. My daughter has been having a difficult time dealing with the change in her mom’s and my marital status that prompted my move back to WS to begin. She wants to come up and spend a few days with me.

It will have to be another time.

Hey guys, I’m going to have to ask for a rain check. My daughter has been having a difficult time dealing with the change in her mom’s and my marital status that prompted my move back to WS to begin. She wants to come up and spend a few days with me.

It will have to be another time.

No worries! Let me know whenever it actually works.

I just joined in February, but I'll be glad to show you around whenever. I'll PM you my #

Anybody have a cure for pushing wedges short right? I generally hit everything right to left (RH golfer), I’m pretty dialed in with all other clubs, and have typically been a strong wedge player. For about a month I’ve been awful with my wedges - it’s pretty damn frustrating and I can’t fix it.

I would think about whether you’re making the same turn with your wedge as you do with a five iron. 120 yards is a shorter shot, but you need to make the same move. Are you getting your back to the target at the top or are you just kind of swiping at it?

Anybody have a cure for pushing wedges short right? I generally hit everything right to left (RH golfer), I’m pretty dialed in with all other clubs, and have typically been a strong wedge player. For about a month I’ve been awful with my wedges - it’s pretty damn frustrating and I can’t fix it.

I do this at the end of a round. I don't know if it is a swing fatigue thing or what. I hit moon shots that end up short and right.

Had this going bad last summer. The main problem was similar to what Shorty noted: wasn't making a full turn, and, more importantly, wasn't getting my hips/lower body through the ball. Watch a few videos of Spieth hitting wedges, and try to get your belly button pointing at the target at impact. If you're an armsy swinger like me, it will feel like a massive change. I'm still working on leading with lower body, not arms/wrists.

Back