• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Geez guys. Get old, retired and very, very lucky.
As marginal of a golfer I am (14) just got the invite of a lifetime. No, not Augusta National but close.
Pine Valley, June 29th & 30th.
One fortunate SOB now hoping it won't eat my lunch too badly...lol.

You sonofa...

Playing both Mauna Lani courses on Hawaii the week after next. Sure hope my game is up for it, I haven't played much aside from going to the range since last August unfortunately.

My 8 year old had a hole in one yesterday. 82 yards, 8 iron. It tracked the whole way and just trickled in. It was pretty awesome to see see how excited he was. I’m also a little jealous since I’ve still not had one.

My 8 year old had a hole in one yesterday. 82 yards, 8 iron. It tracked the whole way and just trickled in. It was pretty awesome to see see how excited he was. I’m also a little jealous since I’ve still not had one.

That's great!

kSn0PkX.jpg
hdVjFL9.jpg
GRg0xKu.jpg

Mauna Lani north and south courses. You can see Maui in the distance in the middle image.

This is how you play golf.

Playing Mammoth Dunes and Sand Valley in Wisconsin in a couple of weeks. Anyone played?

I'm not very good -- low 20s handicap - but I hear that the courses are forgiving and really fun.

That's just international travel in a nutshell right now, albeit a pretty extreme example given the Open. Brexit is apparently hitting the UK hard too because a lot of these operational roles were filled by Eastern Europeans in the past.

Had some friends who went up to Cabot about a month ago and Air Canada was the same way. They got lucky with their bags, but saw a ton of people at the links who had their shit lost by Air Canada.

Playing Mammoth Dunes and Sand Valley in Wisconsin in a couple of weeks. Anyone played?

I'm not very good -- low 20s handicap - but I hear that the courses are forgiving and really fun.

How was it? just booked a trip for next year.

I went to practice my short game yesterday at this great little practice green, and you guys aren't going to believe this but it's 100% mental.

I was doing whatever I wanted with the ball, pretending it was my 3rd shot on a par 4, shots from 30 yards and in, some from the sand, the rough was really long, and I'd say 70% were 2-putt bogeys, 25% were 1-putt pars, and 5% were 6+ (whoops)

i stink (~20 handicap) but got an invite through work to play Spyglass in a few weeks (sort of humble brag)

but i'm starting to get stressed about it

any solicited advice from the good golfers on here?

It's low key better than Pebble and also harder than a wedding dick.

It's low key better than Pebble and also harder than a wedding dick.
Really? I was pretty underwhelmed by Spyglass after the first few holes on the water. It was a great course, but compared to Pebble? I am not seeing it. It is more "solid" while Pebble is more consistently spectacular... It was a tough course, though... I was playing with some high handicappers so we couldn't play back but it was still challenging.

I've been trying to golf twice a month here in Wilmington. Just have to pick the nicer days of the month. So far Nov. and Dec have been fine. We will see about Jan-Mar
We just really enjoyed the Landfall Courses there last week. We got onto Marsh and Ocean.

i stink (~20 handicap) but got an invite through work to play Spyglass in a few weeks (sort of humble brag)

but i'm starting to get stressed about it

any solicited advice from the good golfers on here?
That's not terrible golf. Go into it with realistic expectations. And don't be hard on yourself. Move along with things. No one really cares what you shoot or how you play as long as you get along with it. Most importantly, enjoy!

Buckets, get drunk, get high, play fast, bring lots of balls.

Back