• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

My best score on 9 was about 36 and on 18 around 75. My grandfather taught me golf the man adored the game, he become unable to play as I was growing up and showing great interest and passed away before I got into it full swing. I wish I would have had the chance to play with him more often. My dad was more of a hunter and I was more of a fisherman and golfer.

Recently started using a Heavy Putter as I've always been too handsy with my putts, probably a product of tennis. Has helped dramatically.

Started golf little under 2 years ago I think. Best round is currently an 81 (par 72). Shot a 79 at Silo Run split b/t two days because of rain but that obviously doesn't count. Living in DC has hurt my game a bit from just not being able to play much. Having a club in Richmond should allow me to play twice a week again which will be nice.

Recently started using a Heavy Putter as I've always been too handsy with my putts, probably a product of tennis. Has helped dramatically.

Started golf little under 2 years ago I think. Best round is currently an 81 (par 72). Shot a 79 at Silo Run split b/t two days because of rain but that obviously doesn't count. Living in DC has hurt my game a bit from just not being able to play much. Having a club in Richmond should allow me to play twice a week again which will be nice.

Super Jelly.

Super Jelly.
Spent my first summer living walking distance from a par 3 course which was free on weekdays for residents. Played it almost daily. Having a short game to fall back on has helped tremendously with the rest of my game. That and learning early on to play for my misses.

Spent my first summer living walking distance from a par 3 course which was free on weekdays for residents. Played it almost daily. Having a short game to fall back on has helped tremendously with the rest of my game. That and learning early on to play for my misses.

Even more jelly.

Enjoy! My dad started me playing golf 45 years ago and some of my fondest memories of him are times we spent together on the golf course. Dad passed away in January of this year, which makes this the first spring he and I won't be on the golf course together since I was 10 years old.

My father and I didn't play together often, but the first time was at the old Jekyll Island course when I was about 10 (many years ago). One of my sons also played his first round there.
Another thrill was playing for the first time with my son and my father.............3 generations together. The scores didn't matter, but doing it together did.
Dad passed away a few years ago and I really miss our golf outings, among other things.
Take advantage of these opportunities whenever you can.

Playing tomorrow at Tanglewood Championship. I think I'll play the second tees from the back since it's only my third round in 8 months. Playing the tips might be a bit much.

72 at Pine Brook (white tees) a couple years ago. Eagled 18 to do it, and had 5 other birdies (and 5 bogies and a double on #12).

I've never broken 80 :(. Don't see myself being able to play enough to do it anytime soon either :( :(

shot 75 (35-40) at tobacco road. my wife was a beer bitch there for a summer so i got to play for da free.

it was a pretty sweet day with great weather. i got matched up with 3 randos. i was playing out of my mind on the front side. when my wife came around on the beer cart, the guys were all kicking all this game at her. i just let it go on for a couple of minutes before (iirc) slapping her on the ass and getting a few cold ones.

Think I might dick around on the Par 3 at Tanglewood tomorrow. Never played it before.

im calling cheat if you just started and already are shooting in the low 80's taking every shot lol. ;)

Think I might dick around on the Par 3 at Tanglewood tomorrow. Never played it before.

my dad, brother, and i had a tournament where we played 18 on the par 3, 18 on the championship course, and then 18 at putt-putt on stratford. my brother and i ended up tying so we settled it with air hockey in the arcade where unfortunately i lost. it was a pretty HOF day still.

I shot a 71 at RP in the first round of the 2008 Forsyth Am. I think I was in like 7th place or something. Finished strong with 77 and 80 at Winston Lake and Tanglewood Championship respectively.

I shot a 71 at RP in the first round of the 2008 Forsyth Am. I think I was in like 7th place or something. Finished strong with 77 and 80 at Winston Lake and Tanglewood Championship respectively.

CHOKE!!!

Playing tomorrow at Tanglewood Championship. I think I'll play the second tees from the back since it's only my third round in 8 months. Playing the tips might be a bit much.

I never played well on that course. #3 is the most retarded hole ever.

I just read an article about the Dormie Club (Crenshaw and Core) in NC that was originally planned to be private but had zoning issues and is now open to the public. It's expensive but looks beautiful. I know in NJ there are a lot of courses that are offering "member for a day" experiences to generate revenue. Good way to get on some nice courses.

Walking 18 on a really hilly course in 4:15 on a Saturday is always nice...I just wish I could transfer my good shooting on the range to any kind of good shooting on the course. I haven't been slicing on the range or hitting right too frequently, but of course I get out on the course and just hit like shit all day. I could blame things like the cold weather or the ranges in DC only have mats and no grass or something, but I don't really want to. I guess I'll just go to the range some more, maybe get a lesson next weekend...At least I still broke 100, which is good for me.

Back