• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Today's WOOT is for refurb Pro V1's and Pro V1x's.

$12.99/dozen + $5 shipping (flat).

Hopefully they'll be in decent shape, but at that price its hard to go wrong.

Waterballs, pulled from a lake...

Basically $20/dozen... Pro v1 Practice balls are $30/dozen and you can usually find deals for a little less. Honestly think you're better off buying new Bridgestone E6's or Titleist DT Solo's than waterlogged pro v1's.

Today's WOOT is for refurb Pro V1's and Pro V1x's.

$12.99/dozen + $5 shipping (flat).

Hopefully they'll be in decent shape, but at that price its hard to go wrong.

Nice. Perfect for restocking the shag bag!

There are a lot of pretty good golfers on the boards. I'd be down for a boards golf outing at some point this summer/before a game next year.

There are a lot of pretty good golfers on the boards. I'd be down for a boards golf outing at some point this summer/before a game next year.

I'm in. Hell, we can just use this thread to try and pull together the odd foursome on occasion. I've played with Nonny and Nova because of this board.

I couldn't do a round before a game. I am down to play with anyone who is willing to put up with a high handicapper.

We have a pretty decent group of guys in DC that play randomly on weekends. Some Wake, some not. A couple single cappers but mostly guys who shoot 85-95. In case anyone's in the area looking to play feel free to PM me.

(And if you're serious about playing I'm always on the lookout for guys who will play in VSGA/USGA events - one days, fourballs, etc... Or just local tournaments/scrambles.)

TheReff ran a boards golf tournament a few years ago. IIRC we had about 40 or so show up. It was a fun time. We established it worked better on a bye week or an away week, even if it meant the out of towners werent able to make it in. To many people wanted to tailgate to pull it off the day of the game.

TheReff ran a boards golf tournament a few years ago. IIRC we had about 40 or so show up. It was a fun time. We established it worked better on a bye week or an away week, even if it meant the out of towners werent able to make it in. To many people wanted to tailgate to pull it off the day of the game.

If anyone wants to out this together, I would be more than happy to help. Away game could be fun to play in the AM then take over a sportsbar after.

Depending on the location, we could always go to someones house to have a tailgate/game viewing. A guy we tailgate with has one of those large projectors and inflatable screens.

We have a pretty decent group of guys in DC that play randomly on weekends. Some Wake, some not. A couple single cappers but mostly guys who shoot 85-95. In case anyone's in the area looking to play feel free to PM me.

(And if you're serious about playing I'm always on the lookout for guys who will play in VSGA/USGA events - one days, fourballs, etc... Or just local tournaments/scrambles.)

I'm in the DC area, but just wondering if you have a go-to list of courses you check whenever you play. I've been trying to find new places around that are reasonably priced (i.e. under maybe $70 with a cart), which isn't the easiest. Just curious. I've played Algonkian, RedGate, and Greendale recently, playing one of the Twin Lakes courses this Saturday. I hate how expensive the Reston Nationals and 1757s are though.

I'm in. Hell, we can just use this thread to try and pull together the odd foursome on occasion. I've played with Nonny and Nova because of this board.

Cumberland and I are thinking about joining Pinebrook in a few months. He has a job so he will probably be in before I am, but we should definitely get together and play some.

I don't think it should be too difficult to put together something on the morning of an away game/bye week.

Cumberland and I are thinking about joining Pinebrook in a few months. He has a job so he will probably be in before I am, but we should definitely get together and play some.

We have a pretty decent group of guys that play together out there. You'd be a welcome addition.

The 1 year deal out there is pretty ridiculous right now. 2 people can join for $3k total for the entire year ($1500 per person). That gets you greens fees and range balls for 12 months without the hassle of the 5+ hour rounds you get at the muni courses.

Plus you get to play with Sleepy and myself, and possibly even Mattwfu99 when he comes back home in a month.

I'd be down for a boards golf outing at some point this summer/before a game next year.
Hopefully someone makes this happen. Heck I'd even be down for organizing something for Homecoming (Army 9/22). Either Friday afternoon 9/21 (if it's a noon kickoff), or early Saturday.

Hopefully someone makes this happen. Heck I'd even be down for organizing something for Homecoming (Army 9/22). Either Friday afternoon 9/21 (if it's a noon kickoff), or early Saturday.

What about the Friday after Clemson on Thursday night? Are most of you taking that Friday off?

What about the Friday after Clemson on Thursday night? Are most of you taking that Friday off?
More of a risk for bad weather (10/26) but that would work if a lot of people are taking off

Back