• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Also, not sure if this has been posted on here before or not, but SkyDroid is a great yardage app for both Android and iOS. IT is only $2.99 in the Appstore and I have found that it is consistently as accurate as both the hand held and laser ones. It uses Google maps (or earth) to figure out distances and has most courses in there. If a course is not in there, you can go on their website and create the course. I added Eagle Point, Forsyth CC, and Winston Lakes a while back which were pretty easy.

Do you prefer SkyDroid to GolfLogix? GolfLogix is really the only app I've ever used and I like it well enough I guess..

River Landing in Wallace is nice from what I hear. Not sure if it's private. Was supposed to play there a few times with a friend from there but something always came up. That's a little more north of Wilmington than you might be looking for I imagine.

River Landing in Wallace is nice from what I hear. Not sure if it's private. Was supposed to play there a few times with a friend from there but something always came up. That's a little more north of Wilmington than you might be looking for I imagine.

It's very nice, and it's open for public play.

Do you prefer SkyDroid to GolfLogix? GolfLogix is really the only app I've ever used and I like it well enough I guess..

I like skydroid because it uses satellite pictures rather than cartoons and it is cheaper than the GolfLogix full app. It does not have the tee time deals and whatnot but I really like it for what it does. For 3 bucks it is worth trying to see if you like it better.

Is it a bad sign when your member-guest partner emails you 3 days before the event and inquires how to cure the shanks?

:thumbsup:

Is it a bad sign when your member-guest partner emails you 3 days before the event and inquires how to cure the shanks?

:thumbsup:

I consider it a fabulous sign. Of course, I haven't touched a club since Saturday, so I need all the help I can get.

I consider it a fabulous sign. Of course, I haven't touched a club since Saturday, so I need all the help I can get.

You already know I'm a shitty golfer. I'm the team handicap stroke getter :)

We aren't going to be in the same flight this year. See you guys in the shootout.

LK - just curious what the format is for your member/guest. Nine-hole matches within flight with winners to shoot-out?

LK - just curious what the format is for your member/guest. Nine-hole matches within flight with winners to shoot-out?

That's it. Flights of 6 teams, with a round robin in each flight. Each match is played at net with 1 point available per hole, plus a bonus point for winning the actual match, for a total of 10 points available per match.

3 matches on Saturday.
2 matches on Sunday.

All flight winners go into a shootout for the big prize pool.

Shootout = Alternate Shot ?

Nope, captain's choice with the lower handicap flights having to play from farther back. I'm not a big fan of switching from best ball to CC, but it benefited me a couple years ago when my team won.

Back