• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Some of you guys are familiar with Atlanta area golf, right? If I'm heading down next Thursday and will land around 2, does anyone know of any good places I could get in 18 that afternoon? Location kind of doesn't matter, as my work obligation isn't until Friday, but I'll be staying in Vinings. And it would be nice if I could rent clubs, but I'm trying to find a hard case so I could maybe take mine with me (possibly a long shot though).

Jesus some kid at my club saw my deacon head cover and asked if I was on the team with arnie. I'm 30 and he was about 14.

Anyone qualifying for the Carolinas Amateur? I'm doing stoney creek in a few weeks.. Anyone have any input on that course? Played it once before and will at it tomorrow, but any info/tips would be appreciated.

Anyone qualifying for the Carolinas Amateur? I'm doing stoney creek in a few weeks.. Anyone have any input on that course? Played it once before and will at it tomorrow, but any info/tips would be appreciated.

I've played there a number of times. The first hole is tricky. The fairway bunkers on the right can be a disaster. There are a couple goofy holes but its a decent course. Be careful there are a few spots with ob on the same side as the cart path which is IMHO the biggest design flaw possible. Now that I think about it I only remember the shitty holes.

Missed 6 footer for even on back nine today at Hyland Hills. Went 41-37. I'll take it.

Playing the member-guest with LK today at Pine Brook. Played like I'd never seen a golf club the first 13-14 holes but really played well in the afternoon nine. Hoping for more good golf tomorrow.

Back to those apps... I saw that they just added a PGA Tour Caddie app that looks pretty slick as far as data collecting and logging shots. It also uses a satellite shot but can do a 3D flyover thing. I may give that a whirl for a month.

Playing the member-guest with LK today at Pine Brook. Played like I'd never seen a golf club the first 13-14 holes but really played well in the afternoon nine. Hoping for more good golf tomorrow.

Just heard Matt and Sleepy won their flight. Hope LK and BtoB had a similar fate.

Holy hell I hope nobody in the greater DC area played this afternoon. I went out for a lesson at 3pm, it was so damn hot and humid I felt nauseous halfway through. At least the first half was really good though, I was hitting really well. Then it all went downhill.

I can't maintain a grip in this damn heat and humidity. Anyone got a tip for keeping my hands dry (other than the ineffective towel off method)? I really don't want to go Tommy two gloves

I'm playing at Brier Creek in Raleigh.

I can't maintain a grip in this damn heat and humidity. Anyone got a tip for keeping my hands dry (other than the ineffective towel off method)? I really don't want to go Tommy two gloves

Hah, that actually came up in my lesson today. I need to get my clubs regripped, but since I'm in the market for new ones anyway I won't bother I think. You could try either getting new grips or I've read sanding them lightly can help too? Other than that...play in the morning?

Corded or 1/2 corded grips...I prefer to play without any glove at all if weather permits.

Corded or 1/2 corded grips...I prefer to play without any glove at all if weather permits.

Just out of curiosity, any opinion of corded vs. tacky grips? Like those I believe Wynn grips that are more tacky like some gloves you can get.

I've played there a number of times. The first hole is tricky. The fairway bunkers on the right can be a disaster. There are a couple goofy holes but its a decent course. Be careful there are a few spots with ob on the same side as the cart path which is IMHO the biggest design flaw possible. Now that I think about it I only remember the shitty holes.

Thanks for the info. Played it today from back and a few from the 4tj tee box, as they said it would be a blend. Just hit 3-wood and 2 iron off the tee all day and that definitely was enough and quite safer given how narrow small some landing areas are. It Played pretty short, but definitely shot placement of the tee is key. Approach shots and Greens aren't too tough, shot 75 with two doubles on the front (that damn par three with a green 60 yards below the tee fucked me up), but definitely will save a few shots and benefit from being familiar with some of the yardages into greens. A lot of downhill approach shots left me hitting too much club or misjudging some uphill greens. Overall, if the tee shots stay in play, it's definitely a course to go pretty low. Left a lot of shit out there. Hopefully in over a week it'll be quite a bit better. I would assume 71 or less has a good shot getting into the championship, but I haven't touched competitive golf in a few years, so who knows.. Anyone have an idea what score range is likely to qualify?

Back