Page 5 of 184 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RubbinsRacin View Post
    I was really good in hs. worked at a cc so I could play all the time. hardly ever played in college +6 yrs after that so I lost my game. been struggling to get it back ever since but I think I could get into single digit handicaps if I had more time to practice and play. some lessons would help too. gonna play a lot this month hopefully. struggling with a death fade that kills my distance off the tee and long irons right now.
    When I start fading the ball it's one of two reasons:

1. Body alignment. Where are my shoulders and feet aimed. Is my stance open? I recommend throwing down a club aimed at the target and then line up using that.

2. Swinging with all arms. Shoulder turn is non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by tau06 View Post
    Haha sounds like we got a ringer here. Those HS teams you were on were insane loaded. And what makes you say Tommy's a douche? I can certainly see why someone would think that if you had just met him but he's actually a pretty decent guy once you get to know. Little goofy but nothing to take seriously.
    Did I play against you perhaps? I just thought he was one of the cockiest people I had ever met. Not really my style. He was a pretty gracious loser though. My spots on the loaded teams you speak of went from #3 (eight grade), #1, #3, #4, #4-5.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Where are the best places to get lessons in Winston?

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    When I start fading the ball it's one of two reasons:

2. Swinging with all arms. Shoulder turn is non existent.
    I think this is part of the problem. Noticeably better when I work on this, but I need to work on timing, tying it all together...getting everything synchronized and feeling good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Where are the best places to get lessons in Winston?
    I'm going to give a shout out to our assistant pro at Pine Brook: Brad Leubchow. Very reasonable cost, and he's a fantastic teacher for all skill levels.

Quote Originally Posted by DCDeac View Post
    Like a poor man's LK, the best I could muster when I was at my peak was missing the Pub Links by a few shots, although I did lead after the first round which was fun.

Has anyone ever heard of or played in the Acura Alumni Challenge at Pinehurst? I won a scramble and got to go this year, and it was ridiculously awesome. Wake didn't field a team though.
    I'm pretty sure you're better than me, so it's more like "rich man's LK."

I have a confession and this thread seems like the best place to do it.... I am Arnold Palmer. And better than all of you put together at golf.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    I'm going to give a shout out to our assistant pro at Pine Brook: Brad Leubchow. Very reasonable cost, and he's a fantastic teacher for all skill levels.
    Can you take lessons there and not be a member?

Can you take lessons there and not be a member?
    I think it can be arranged.

Never Murdered My FIL
    I think it can be arranged.
    Ballpark cost? I'm probably looking to invest in a series for early spring.

Ballpark cost? I'm probably looking to invest in a series for early spring.
    I think he's in the $50/hr range with discounts for purchasing multiple lessons at once.

Very fairly priced.

I'm pretty sure you're better than me, so it's more like "rich man's LK."
    Nah, I only broke par in one tournament round this year.

And yes, that's 100% #humblebrag

Never Murdered My FIL
    I think he's in the $50/hr range with discounts for purchasing multiple lessons at once.

Very fairly priced.
    That's really fair. I may look into that after Christmas.

brad is a really good guy. i worked with him at FCC when he was at the PGM school at campbell. he's honestly one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet and he really helped me with my game during the summer we worked together. i didn't know he was working at pine brook. good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    brad is a really good guy. i worked with him at FCC when he was at the PGM school at campbell. he's honestly one of the nicest dudes you'll ever meet and he really helped me with my game during the summer we worked together. i didn't know he was working at pine brook. good to know.
    +1

My reccomendation would be Rodney Morrow who is currently at Golf Galaxy beside the mall. I started with him when I was 13 and went through my junior year. He's a great teacher and even better guy. Played on the tour years back and has been the instructor at Grandover, Bryan Park, and Medowlands so the accolades are there as well.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    My reccomendation would be Rodney Morrow who is currently at Golf Galaxy beside the mall. I started with him when I was 13 and went through my junior year. He's a great teacher and even better guy. Played on the tour years back and has been the instructor at Grandover, Bryan Park, and Medowlands so the accolades are there as well.
    I had a lesson with him a few weeks ago, and he was good. I didn't love the set up at Golf Galaxy because I couldn't get visual feedback on my shot.

Bob Byman is not exactly local to WS, but if you ever wanted to combine a Vegas trip with some excellent golf instruction, check him out.

Great player and teacher. He can get you deals at the TPC Summerlin as well.

http://www.bobbymangolf.com/about-bob.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Bob Byman is not exactly local to WS, but if you ever wanted to combine a Vegas trip with some excellent golf instruction, check him out.

Great player and teacher. He can get you deals at the TPC Summerlin as well.

http://www.bobbymangolf.com/about-bob.html
    I hear Butch Harmon has a school out there as well.

I hear Butch Harmon has a school out there as well.
    Yeah, but Butch didn't go to WFU.

or play on back to back WFU NCAA Championship teams, either.
    Last edited by Shorty; 12-13-2011 at 06:01 PM.