• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I had some extra golfsmith cards from a tourney and got it without doing much research, but it's pretty sweet.

Definitely eye-opening to learn my average 2 iron swing was 5 degrees past parallel. After the first week working with it I played a tournament at Queenstown Harbor near Annapolis and shot a 73 while hitting 16 greens.

One drawback is you can see what your clubhead does but it's not video so you can't see WHY it does that. I think there's another similar device which will overlay video, but it doesn't have the drill feature. Plus since the device is solid it's really just whatever they add to the app, so who knows what they're working on. The SkyPro folks are pretty cool.

Definitely think the calibration feature is badass.

Oh, one drawback - SkyPro is iOS only, no Android.

Are there any good courses in the Wrightsville Beach / Wilmington area that are worth checking out? I'll be up there next week.

Are there any good courses in the Wrightsville Beach / Wilmington area that are worth checking out? I'll be up there next week.

There are several nice courses in the Wilmington area. Most of the nicest are private though. As far as public there is Cape Fear National, Magnolia Greens, Beau Rivage, the Muni, etc. All are pretty affordable and fun to play.

There are several nice courses in the Wilmington area. Most of the nicest are private though. As far as public there is Cape Fear National, Magnolia Greens, Beau Rivage, the Muni, etc. All are pretty affordable and fun to play.

Is Porters Neck any good? I am playing a tournament there next weekend.

Won the club match play championship today. Match was really tight with nobody ever leading by more than 1 hole until I won 15 to go 2 up and held on to win 2&1. It took 6 birdies to do it.

Just played all 5 Treetops courses in northern Michigan this weekend. So exhausted but a great trip.

We played Wolf the first round, handicap scotch the second, skins with closest to the pin on the par 3 course, diablo for the 4th, and mulligan scotch in the last round this morning.

As this is also a ski resort, some of the elevation changes were amazing. This hole could be second to only the South Africa hole.

egyseme9.jpg

Played at Laurel Ridge in Waynesville this weekend. Slope of 146 from the tips. Some holes were a little gimmicky for my taste.

First pic is epic downhill par 4. ~ 420 yards. I hit hybrid and had 80 yards in. Hard to pick clubs on holes like that.

Second pic is a nearly straight downhill par 5 with blind tee shot. Too gimmicky for me. Pounded a drive about 330. Downhill lie. No reward for a good tee shot. Really no flat part of fairway anywhere. Lame.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1378169693.621197.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1378169693.621197.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1378169716.542114.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1378169716.542114.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
That's a pretty cool par 4. Forgot to mention as well there was one hole that should have been a legit par 6.

596 yards, all significantly uphill, going against winds coming down the mountain. No one was closer than 160 after 2. 280 yard Drives probably went around 230 at most, and 3 woods then only went about 200.

I'm trying to find a place in Jacksonville to get some lessons.

Got fitted tonight and ordered a new set of Mizuno JPX-EZs. Make fun of the name, but I was hitting the 6I 10-15 yds farther on average than my R7, and much straighter much more consistently (not that surprising for game-improvement irons though). Hopefully all of the clubs are that good when I get them in 1-2 weeks. Now I just need to replace the sandwedge I'll lose from my R7 set...

Back