• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Yeah - like the guys on tour who take downers before rounds. Alcohol definitely helps, but thinking of working harder on a pre-shot routine or a swing cadence or something. I dunno, just frustrating. Played Sunday and pummeled the ball down the middle all day. Monday it was like I had no idea where the club face was on my woods - the 3 OB never even sniffed the golf course.

Lots of people hit their drive ob right when they try to be careful and they do not take a full swing. Fear and pressure can cause this. You have to find a dependable swing and learn to trust it.

I'm fighting a low hook... My driver is either 290 straight in the middle or 210 low and left. I am at a huge loss on what to do. I fight the same miss with my three wood and hybrid. Even when I try and hold off my finish (i.e. Arnie finish) I can't cut the ball or hit it straight that often. I try and slow my swing down and not overswing and I end up flipping my hands and hitting a low hook. I'm still shooting in the low 80's but my game otherwise is solid right now (a rarity) and if I could get off the tee my handicap could really drop.

Quit trying to hit it past people who are longer than you. ;)

I figured you'd have something smart to say. :)
How like like the new war clubs?

Lots of people hit their drive ob right when they try to be careful and they do not take a full swing. Fear and pressure can cause this. You have to find a dependable swing and learn to trust it.

I'm going to spend a few weeks at the range working almost exclusively on my pre-shot routine and focus on visualizing my tee shots better. Hopefully that'll lead to hitting it in tournaments more like I do in casual rounds.

By the way LK - I threw a Diamana D+ x-flex into the SLDR 430 and it is a monster. Great combo for high spin players trying to avoid something too boardy.

By the way LK - I threw a Diamana D+ x-flex into the SLDR 430 and it is a monster. Great combo for high spin players trying to avoid something too boardy.

I'm going to work on getting a new driver in the bag this fall probably. I'll take a look at that shaft.

I'm going to work on getting a new driver in the bag this fall probably. I'll take a look at that shaft.

Just the repeat of the Whiteboard pretty much. Now they're so much cheaper though. The Aldila Tour Green and Tour Blue have seen pretty insane play on tour as well - I hear they're great but haven't hit them yet.

Speaking of Golf apps......

Anyone have the Game Golf system?

http://www.gamegolf.com/products/en-us/gamegolf

Was just dicking around Quail after work and someone pitched it to me.

Curious. Not going to be worth 250 bucks regardless of what it does (unless it gives me a good swing) but still curious

Does anyone use the V1 golf app? Thoughts.

Phone or PC? My friend had the PC version with a camera for analyzing his swing - for a while it was the industry standard, not sure about now. I picked up the phone version and it's not bad. Obviously you're pretty limited on the small screen, but it's great if you have a covered range to go to where you can prop the phone behind you and record a swing, watch it, then compare it to the swing models they have available.

You can also get a phone holder that attaches to your bag. Kind of tricky to draw swing plane lines on the phone screen and such, but it's still pretty useful.

Member-member weekend starts at 9am. Derby party after today's 18. Wife is pregnant and will be providing taxi service :)

My partner and I won our spring member/member last weekend. Saturday was 9 holes scramble, 9 holes shamble. Sunday was 9 holes alternate shot, 9 holes better ball. We shot 65, 66 gross.

The alternate shot format is tough. When your partner hits it 300 down the middle and you've got a wedge in your hands, you feel like you sure as shit better give him a good look. First time I've won this tournament.

This is going to be about having a good time. My partner is my next door neighbor and I don't think he's played yet this season. I'm a decent golfer but can't carry a team by myself. So it will be about barley water and enjoying the day.

shot 76 as a two man team on captains choice. Not bad for a 9 handicap and a guy who hasn't played all season and might be a 20. We drank much and had fun. 4 putted the first hole and still found a way to enjoy it (treacherous from above the hole on this one). Golf is the ultimate social game- much fun was had.

shot 76 as a two man team on captains choice. Not bad for a 9 handicap and a guy who hasn't played all season and might be a 20. We drank much and had fun. 4 putted the first hole and still found a way to enjoy it (treacherous from above the hole on this one). Golf is the ultimate social game- much fun was had.

Hold on - you guys 4 putted while playing a 2 man scramble? That is not possible!

You'd think not... But we did.. First one short somehow... Second roared past the hole.. Third back up. Tap in the fourth. Not a great start to the day but whatever :)

Back