• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Did I play against you perhaps? I just thought he was one of the cockiest people I had ever met. Not really my style. He was a pretty gracious loser though. My spots on the loaded teams you speak of went from #3 (eight grade), #1, #3, #4, #4-5.

Yea i can see the cocky factor for sure. And if the group of guys following him are the guys im thinking of they defs would have been soume douchebaggyness flowing. Some dudes at our club had an unhealthy obsession with him.

And i doubt you ever played with me (we sound pretty far off in talent haha) but i wouldnt be surprised if you played with my brother or my neighbor. Neighbor was last name Weldon and my bro was last name York. They graduated HS the in 2008. Weldon was pretty good and could have played with you but my bro probably wasnt in your category. Our fam is a bunch of small fries so hitting it 265 off the tee is going to lead to a bunch of HIGH 70'S rounds when you are playing elite tourneys or AJGA stuff..

Yea i can see the cocky factor for sure. And if the group of guys following him are the guys im thinking of they defs would have been soume douchebaggyness flowing. Some dudes at our club had an unhealthy obsession with him.

And i doubt you ever played with me (we sound pretty far off in talent haha) but i wouldnt be surprised if you played with my brother or my neighbor. Neighbor was last name Weldon and my bro was last name York. They graduated HS the in 2008. Weldon was pretty good and could have played with you but my bro probably wasnt in your category. Our fam is a bunch of small fries so hitting it 265 off the tee is going to lead to a bunch of HIGH 70'S rounds when you are playing elite tourneys or AJGA stuff..

Yea I never even did any AJGA stuff. Just couldn't ever swing the huge entry fees, excessive travel, etc, just to likely finish in the bottom half. I did get to play in the Bobby Chapman Invitational in Spartanburg once which was awesome. Played in the group ahead of Peter Uihlein. I can still consistently bomb themb well over 300, but it just seems like I can't put it all together. One day I'll hit two drives OB, the next my irons are off, the next I can't make a putt. Must be nice to be able to consistently have rounds where everything is clicking.

Yea man I hear ya. If I could have had hit a river in HS i'd have been awesome as my mid-iron game was money. Now I literally hit it 30 yards farther (thanks alcohol) and average about 12 fairways a round on a solid day but have no idea where i'm going to hit anything higher than about a 7 iron. Oh the days of being able to practice every day. And I hear ya on the crazy fees for some of those jr. golf events. I never played in any of the crazy stuff and outside of trying to qualify for a few cool state wide events I didn't play any. Neighbor was a whole different story though haha. He had grandparents down in FL that he would visit and play in events down there because he said it gave him a better chance to qualify for some stuff. Some crazy good young golfers in this state.

When I was playing, Golf Week ranked NC behind only Florida and California for junior golf talent. Wonder if that's still the case?

When I was playing, Golf Week ranked NC behind only Florida and California for junior golf talent. Wonder if that's still the case?

Texas has been cranking out a ton of junior golfers lately, so I would expect them to be in the mix.

Yea I never even did any AJGA stuff. Just couldn't ever swing the huge entry fees, excessive travel, etc, just to likely finish in the bottom half. I did get to play in the Bobby Chapman Invitational in Spartanburg once which was awesome. Played in the group ahead of Peter Uihlein. I can still consistently bomb themb well over 300, but it just seems like I can't put it all together. One day I'll hit two drives OB, the next my irons are off, the next I can't make a putt. Must be nice to be able to consistently have rounds where everything is clicking.

2nd best junior tournament in the country behind the US Junior in my opinion

2nd best junior tournament in the country behind the US Junior in my opinion

Wow that's a bold statement. Makes me feel pretty cool. I only got in by being a semi-finalist in the NC Junior. Played football Friday night in Charlotte, got wrecked and sprained my right hand, and then had to play the first round the next day in horrible pain. Finished like 5th from the bottom, but there's no way I was going to quit. There were so many college coaches out there it was insane. Gift package was pretty cool too, despite the low entrance fee.

Well, this just made my day. A Wake Forest golfing thread. Actually, I'm being serious. For Christmas, I was trying to think of a great gift for my wifey. I was thinking how amazing it would be to take her on a surprise golf vacation. I need some ideas of where to go. I saw this myrtle beach golf idea but I want to get some other ideas and reviews before I decide. I am definitely running out of time, so if you could hurry with some responses than it would really help me out. Thanks Gold and Black fans.

Went to the range for the first time since I've been in Florida. Not much of a drop off thankfully.

Went to the range for the first time since I've been in Florida. Not much of a drop off thankfully.

Awesome. However, must remember its the range. Honestly, my dad could match Tiger shot for shot on the range. Hes the best range player I've ever seen. Couldnt break 90 with a gun to his head though. Lol

Anyone play Pine Knolls in Kernersville? There's currently a GROUPON for
- One 18-hole round of golf for two with shared cart rental (up to a $68 value)
- Two hot dogs, two bags of chips, and two sodas (a $12 value)

For $40. Think you can also get just the golf for $36. Anyone recommend it?

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu13085203

Let's go right now if you're ready. Just got home to the 336 this morning. Ready to tee it up

Well, this just made my day. A Wake Forest golfing thread. Actually, I'm being serious. For Christmas, I was trying to think of a great gift for my wifey. I was thinking how amazing it would be to take her on a surprise golf vacation. I need some ideas of where to go. I saw this myrtle beach golf idea but I want to get some other ideas and reviews before I decide. I am definitely running out of time, so if you could hurry with some responses than it would really help me out. Thanks Gold and Black fans.

I'd much prefer a Pinehurst trip than Myrtle. Plus there are some cool golf/spa packages you could look into as well. If you want to travel a little more, you could look into the RTJ Trail as well.

I'd much prefer a Pinehurst trip than Myrtle. Plus there are some cool golf/spa packages you could look into as well. If you want to travel a little more, you could look into the RTJ Trail as well.

Having done Myrtle, Pinehurst, and RTJ Trail; I agree with every aspect of this post.

Anyone play Pine Knolls in Kernersville? There's currently a GROUPON for
- One 18-hole round of golf for two with shared cart rental (up to a $68 value)
- Two hot dogs, two bags of chips, and two sodas (a $12 value)

For $40. Think you can also get just the golf for $36. Anyone recommend it?

http://www.groupon.com/r/uu13085203

Dude, you've played this course. You, me, Bloom, and my brother played it. It wasn't bad

Also, sank a 30-35 foot birdie yesterday at Salem Glen. Felt like a boss.

Back