• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Would love to hear the logic behind family members from out of town. Our club closed today for the foreseeable future due to governor’s order. Sucks.

We’re no guests, period - don’t need any riff raff germs.

Would love to hear the logic behind family members from out of town. Our club closed today for the foreseeable future due to governor’s order. Sucks.

Clarification, guest play is allowed or family members who qualify as guests. I'm not exactly sure how to parse that, but I'm not too worried about that.

The kitchen has setup a meal pickup for lunch and dinner to keep employees busy and give people some dinner options. Order the day before from a set menu and pickup the next day for reheating.

We’re no guests, period - don’t need any riff raff germs.

No outside guests here as well unless it’s immediate family. Risers work fine though being a “take the stick out” inside 10 feet is no longer doable. I’ll live. Just glad we’re still playing.

This should be good.

Seeing rumors the US Open is going to be postponed.

Seeing rumors the US Open is going to be postponed.

I thought that was pretty much a given at this point. They've kicked everyone off of Winged Foot so the USGA isn't even able to start working on their infrastructure/prep work currently.

British Open to be cancelled, per ESPN front page (says they can collect on an insurance policy if cancelled by a certain date, and were just waiting on Wimbledon to make their announcement before doing the same).

My late July Scotland trip isn't looking so good right now. I've already reserved lodging for the same week in 2021 as a backup plan. The Open being cancelled is likely the final straw, but I'm willing to wait it out until mid May.

British Open to be cancelled, per ESPN front page (says they can collect on an insurance policy if cancelled by a certain date, and were just waiting on Wimbledon to make their announcement before doing the same).

R&A issued a statement today that they are still trying to see if postponement is an option.

Our course has all the new rules that have been discussed here. We're bag carry only. No push carts allowed. Also, no guests except family members from out of town. Bag room has closed too.

Clubhouse, 19th hole, dining room, etc. all closed but with members starting to howl over the semi-annual F&B minimums, I can definitely see the kitchen opening up soon for carryout.

We are still running golf carts but they are disinfected after each round and obviously only 1 player per cart.

Also waived the "no walking before noon" rule to encourage less golf cart usage. No limitations on push carts.

No walking before noon should be a rule that never comes back. Encourage walking always!

When a Gov. issues “stay at home orders” as what, 42 states have done, Golf is out, correct?

I guess I have to get in what I can as South Carolina can’t be far off.....

When a Gov. issues “stay at home orders” as what, 42 states have done, Golf is out, correct?

Depends on the order, but golf is allowed in NC.

And it's a pretty bad look that McMaster hasn't made the order yet but continues to make piecemeal declarations.

I dare say it is "in" for more states than it is "out". Google "stay at home golf" or something like that, and you will see a lot or articles about a fair amount of states considering it "essential".

And it's a pretty bad look that McMaster hasn't made the order yet but continues to make piecemeal declarations.

I agree; its a no brainer and should of been done weeks ago.
It’s hard for me to believe that most folks aren’t pissed that a “stay home” order doesn’t include golfers though I believe the activity can be done safely.

Getting a tee time has become difficult with everyone not having anything to do. Families are all playing golf to get out of the house together. This shit can't last much longer.

Back