• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

If anyone doesn't mind a high handicapper tagging along, I am always open to play a muni round on weekends.

Might start walking 9 on weekday evenings. Does RP have a 9 hole rate?

Since you said you play Hemlock you are obviously familiar with area. I am so out of shape, but want to start walking for exercise and I absolutely probably couldn't do Hemlock or Stonewall easily. But River Course a little flat 9 hole course cost about $7 to walk all day I believe is easy and you can play all day for less than $10.

Since you said you play Hemlock you are obviously familiar with area. I am so out of shape, but want to start walking for exercise and I absolutely probably couldn't do Hemlock or Stonewall easily. But River Course a little flat 9 hole course cost about $7 to walk all day I believe is easy and you can play all day for less than $10.

I'm not familiar with that course. Where is that?

Pine Hall. Right down the road from Pine Hall elementary on the right. Right across the bridge and tracks at the Dan River.

Pine Hall. Right down the road from Pine Hall elementary on the right. Right across the bridge and tracks at the Dan River.

Gotcha. I used to work in Stokes county, so I played up there some. I like courses closer to home now.

I like to try different places, but what I enjoy most is not being rushed or having people up on me at all times as I tend to play nervously then.

Winston Lake has a 9 hole rate for like 11 bucks to walk 9 holes. I hate that course though. I really like Reynolds Park a lot. I've made more birdies out there than anywhere. I'm used to hitting mid-irons into greens at Old Town and I'm really good with a wedge in my hands so that's probably why I make a lot more birdies at RP than other courses.

Winston Lake has a 9 hole rate for like 11 bucks to walk 9 holes. I hate that course though. I really like Reynolds Park a lot. I've made more birdies out there than anywhere. I'm used to hitting mid-irons into greens at Old Town and I'm really good with a wedge in my hands so that's probably why I make a lot more birdies at RP than other courses.

I have never played WL. I hear it is really tight. Reynolds Park is probably my favorite course. #11 is probably my least favorite hole ever though. Usually causes me to play shitty for #12-14.

Short knocker. ;)

I have never played WL. I hear it is really tight. Reynolds Park is probably my favorite course. #11 is probably my least favorite hole ever though. Usually causes me to play shitty for #12-14.

Winston lake can eat a bag of dicks. The back nine of that course owes me a county amateur from back in 2005. I lost by 3 after shooting 5 over on the back there during the 2nd round.

I've started birdie-birdie on 10 and 11 so many times. 12 is a tough hole IMO, I can never pull the right club. I think 10-14 are about as easy a five-hole stretch you're ever going to get though to start a side. I'm almost always either even or under par after those five.

Oh yeah I hate Winston Lake, it's way too tight. I normally just hit 3-wood off the tee but a lot of the time I need to hit a little bit more club because as LK pointed out I'm a "short-knocker".

I've started birdie-birdie on 10 and 11 so many times. 12 is a tough hole IMO, I can never pull the right club. I think 10-14 are about as easy a five-hole stretch you're ever going to get though to start a side. I'm almost always either even or under par after those five.

I have only been playing for 3-4 years, and something about the look of #11 just rattles me.

There's no reason for you not to pull out a 3-wood or a long iron on that hole TBH. I bet you can hit the ball pretty far as is.

I don't mind Winston Lake, but my first time playing this year was there and I shot 104 the first time I shot over 100 since I was in my single digits properly. I did see that had the passes to play both WL and RP at Winston Lake. How much are those passes?

I haven't played RP in 3 years when is the whole course going to be up and running again?

There's no reason for you not to pull out a 3-wood or a long iron on that hole TBH. I bet you can hit the ball pretty far as is.

You would think. When I can straighten out my slice a little. I got my father-in-law's old clubs, so I learned to play with a 13 degree driver. It's like hitting a 200-250 yard lob wedge. I just got the same driver at 9 degrees, but it's neutral weighted instead of draw, so I am having to learn to hit it.

DF07...I will be around Winston for at least another year and Cumberland and I would love to have another guy to play with whenever you're available.

DF07...I will be around Winston for at least another year and Cumberland and I would love to have another guy to play with whenever you're available.

I might be up for a round Saturday. I am waiting to hear back from a childhood friend who's grandfather just got diagnosed with cancer. He mentioned wanting to get away, so if he can make it, I'll probably head back home around Pinehurst to play.

Back