• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I hit the new Callaway Epic driver yesterday. I think I'm about to spend $529.

Also hit the 4 hybrid.

I won one in a member-guest raffle. My Ping drive is only a little over a year old and the epic flash gives me an extra 10-15 yards. Crazy how hot it is.

Any of y’all used Golf Tec? One opened up by us and I’m debating signing up for a few lessons.

Any of y’all used Golf Tec? One opened up by us and I’m debating signing up for a few lessons.

I was recently looking for an instructor and after some research and I opted not to move forward with golftec for a number of reasons:
-Cost
-Method (Video / Analytics focus vs Feel)
-Lack of outdoor hitting options - at least in Denver all the facilities are indoor / off mats. I really wanted to be able to hit off grass and to actually see ball flight.

Their system can be really helpful for the right people, but it wasn't a fit for me.

I was recently looking for an instructor and after some research and I opted not to move forward with golftec for a number of reasons:
-Cost
-Method (Video / Analytics focus vs Feel)
-Lack of outdoor hitting options - at least in Denver all the facilities are indoor / off mats. I really wanted to be able to hit off grass and to actually see ball flight.

Their system can be really helpful for the right people, but it wasn't a fit for me.

I have been taking lessons (and playing more), but I'm playing my best golf now. Careered it this year (also topped my second best score ever). Played decently at the Ocean Course, Whistling Straits, Erin Hills. etc. I found it to be very helpful. If someone refers you, I think you get a discount.

I have been taking lessons (and playing more), but I'm playing my best golf now. Careered it this year (also topped my second best score ever). Played decently at the Ocean Course, Whistling Straits, Erin Hills. etc. I found it to be very helpful. If someone refers you, I think you get a discount.

and. not but.

The driver talk is interesting. I have a TS3 and was gearing up and played in the USGA Mid-Am last week. At the last second I swapped back to my gen 1 M2. Just something I am not translating to the course with the TS3 compared to the M2. Don't hit it as solid on the face and the control isn't there. TS3 is longer but it isn't worth the trade in consistency at the tourney level. Funny how everything changes from the launch monitor to the course for me.

anyone ever play Colonial Country Club in Thomasville. CGA has a special $80 for 2, some restrictions on when to use.

anyone ever play Colonial Country Club in Thomasville. CGA has a special $80 for 2, some restrictions on when to use.

Yeah, many times. Not worth that to me, but just my opinion. I never would have guessed a normal round there was over 40.00 per person, FWIW.

Playing golf this weekend, folks. Have not picked up the sticks in a while. Me and Steelcity gonna wreck Oak Valley.

Oak Valley has been in awesome shape the times I've played this summer.

LK and I are hitting up Salem Glen. Girlfriend and I hoping to hit up Reynolds Park on Sunday.

Yeah, many times. Not worth that to me, but just my opinion. I never would have guessed a normal round there was over 40.00 per person, FWIW.

What about $20 per round? (they are offering free same-day replays with the deal) :)

I was also considering the deal, they seem to have a decent number of CGA events and USGA qualifiers out there, didn't realize it wasn't that highly regarded.

Tanglewood Champs is in good shape.

Drove past the Reynolds course and the teeboxes look dead on a few holes. They need a major tree removal project.

Fun round with LK at Salem Glen. A little rain delay at the turn but good otherwise.

Tees/fairways/rough in great shape. Greens are wrecked and a f’ing disaster

Playing golf this weekend, folks. Have not picked up the sticks in a while. Me and Steelcity gonna wreck Oak Valley.

Did you get 18 in today? I teed off early at Oak Valley and only got through 10. Got a full round voucher though. How’d you hit them?

Greens just got aerated so putting was stupid

Tanglewood Champs is in good shape.

Drove past the Reynolds course and the teeboxes look dead on a few holes. They need a major tree removal project.

Greens on champs course were taken care a couple months back. I haven’t found a public course in town that’s in any better shape than Championship this year.

Back